Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Ok i have no clue what the problem is, but i'll give u some hints as to what is leading up to it:

First of all, my car idles like crap. It runs fine at cruising, but when i come to a stoplight i have to keep revving it to keep it from dying. I know: IAC valve, but this was replaced with a brand new one not even a year ago.

Second: It feels like i have no power anymore. From about 2500 rpm's and higher, it just doesnt seem like my car is pulling how it used to. IMRC? Who knows?

Third: I just changed my oil myself the other day. In the drain pan, i was left with a little bit of a gravel-ly substance. At first i was worried, but i thought it might have just been gravel that got in there when i threw the empty drain pan out into the driveway.

Could any of these 3 instances be connected? Worst case scenario, what could have broken inside the engine that would leave this tiny, gravel like substance in my drain pan?

98 SVT #1652 of 6535 My SVT "If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on."
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Maf cleaning wires plugs,fuel filter. clean your UIM out.
Might be a chip thing.. Gravely stuff is likely just oily gunk, hard to say without seeing it.. How many miles you have on it?

1999 Mystique Sport 2nd owner bought it in Sept 03
120000km 4 door, leather, loaded pics on cardomain, coatsy
T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
im up to aboot 93,000 miles. Forgot to say i just replaced the fuel filter not even a month ago.

Also i just cleaned and re-oiled the K&N filter

98 SVT #1652 of 6535 My SVT "If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on."
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I don't know if these cars have one or not, but research replacing your MAP sensor. My 89 Tempo had one that went bad, and it would constatly rev, etc, on its own, and die out if you didn't keep your foot on the gas. Chances are if a good sized chunk of gravel got into your pan, it woudln't get pulled into the engine. I wouldn't want to find out though. BTW, why did you take the whole drain pan off when you changed the oil? And maybe it is just chunks of old gasket if you didn't replace it w/ a new one properly.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by AlbanianSteve:
im up to aboot 93,000 miles. Forgot to say i just replaced the fuel filter not even a month ago.

I am assuming the aboot is in reference to me being Canadian.

I reckon you need to change your plugs and wires, clean out your UIM and LIM.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
nah nah nah, i didnt take off the oil pan, im talking about the plastic drain container thing that is used to catch the falling oil.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by coatsy:
Originally posted by AlbanianSteve:

I am assuming the aboot is in reference to me being Canadian.

Ha not directly at you, but i like to say it all the time.

I reckon u said "reckon" cuz i live in kentucky? lol kidding...

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Heh heh, you sure the dirt wasn't in the pain prior to drainage, seeing you might be a redneck..

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Sounds like the fuel pump. Get a fuel line pressure test done.
I had a similar problem, but mine also had a no start with a warm engine.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
fuel pressure test- is this one of the things autozone will do for free?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard