Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Originally posted by tour96se:

......if they were real cf..

Well, neither the hoods nor the proposed trunk are actually real carbon fiber. If it was, it would cost waaay more than 300-400 dollars...

What are you talking about . Assuming you are talking about cf1 products. There real %100 hand laid carbon fiber, trunk,hoods,sail panels. There is a fiberglass frame underneath the hood and trunk, the frame is glued to the carbon fiber sheet. Two total seperate peices, very sturdy. Of course there is resin in there as well. I don't remember the grade or weave pattern exactly though. Sure you can make the frames of carbon as well, add about $150 to that price, realy unnecessary on a contour or any street car for that matter. Please don't get me started on the non rolled edge thing either, ask anyone who has some, and what color it turns . What would possible make you think it wasn't real.
,,,,and btw i dont appriciate being mis-quoted...i know the hoods/trunks are real cf...i was replying to the ricer comment about cf door handles...

Prodigy I highly doubt you will get any money from anyone. Best to pay up front and collect a return later.

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
i think i might be the only who would like this, i say 98+ with shaved inner tails and reflector. Then just add some nice round back up lights and a simple plate box. I'm not big into carbon fiber, but i would buy that

1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725) custom exhaust/intake k&N/mod'ed y-pipe slotted rotors/greenstuff pads/SS lines cougar trans/FSVT shift tower/Torsen 16lb. flywheel 18" Velox VX-8's with some rubba bands
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
Make it a pre-98 with inner tail lights and molded in lip spoiler and I will def buy it. That is as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

ditto

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
OK let go pre-98 with lip and inner tail-lights then. NOW we need some one to photoshop a pre-98 trunk with lip in a CF pattern.

Takers?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I think someone should either make the 98+ or the pre-98 WITHOUT A SPOILER molded in. Lots of guys on here already have spoilers that they like and want to keep, and others would want to add a CF spoiler from a different company. In my opinion, make the pre-98 OEM trunk and offer the CF lip spoiler as an add-on.

There's a difference between a Euro and a Ricer... Don't cross the line... Anything-Goes C.C. Co-Founder
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Stazi:
OK let go pre-98 with lip and inner tail-lights then. NOW we need some one to photoshop a pre-98 trunk with lip in a CF pattern.

Takers?

CF1 need a photoshop of this....I was thinking pre 98 with m3 style lip...what do you guys want to do with the license plate holder? Keep it or leave it?

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Keep the license plate holder but NO lip unless it's the pre-98 one.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

What carbon trunk do you want?

pre 98 oem carbon trunk with "no lip"
Pre 98 oem carbon trunk with lip
Post 98 oem carbon trunk with reflector "same as stock"No lip
Post 98 oem carbon trunk with reflector and lip.

If we decide to go with a lip we can all come up with designs and we can all choose one.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
A post 98 with optional CF reflector insert would look nice IMHO. Also gives a clean look overall. Granted, I'm partial toward the stock design anyway so I think too much change would look a bit odd.

I don't intend to buy one since I have other costs, etc. But I thought I'd help throw out a few ideas. I would think a setup similar to this (oem with "options") would seem to be the best option to please the most people.

red reflector

CF reflector

1998 Contour SVT Toreador Red/Midnight Blue 3090/6535 1999 Contour SVT Black/Prairie Tan 18/2760 1992 Dodge Stealth R/T TT Metallic Beige/Tan 1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi Red/Black Leather
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
thanks for the help! this should definaltly help people make a decision. if you can play around with a lip and find something you like let me know thanks.

Last edited by svtProdigy; 05/10/05 06:49 PM.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard