Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by SAV:

For Christ's sake, it's a trunk. It's not like you'll gain half a second in the quarter because of it.

-SAV

I won't nvm i don't want it lol j/k

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Originally posted by tour96se:

......if they were real cf..

Well, neither the hoods nor the proposed trunk are actually real carbon fiber. If it was, it would cost waaay more than 300-400 dollars...

what do you mean? what is it made of then?

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
Originally posted by EuroTour99:
Double agreed, and make some freakin CF mirrors already!

Why does everyone want carbon fiber everything? Carbon fiber is there to make lightweight and strong parts. I mean carbon fiber mirrors? thats rediculous...its all looks...which means ricer!! Some parts are understandable like a hood...but mirrors...good god, that as bad as the sail panels...next thing your going to want is carbonf iber door dings, carbon fiber license plate holder, carbon fiber door handles, etc.

......ricer is a state of mind...imo....i just ordered a set of cf sails today..and yes i would take a set of cf door handles..if they were real cf..and i still want a cf imrc cover...i dont think that makes me a ricer..or my car a "rice mobil"..i think some people throw that term around alittle to losely....

All I'm saying is "carbon fiber" is used for making lightweight products that are as strong (if not stronger) than heavier and more frequently used products. That is the advantage of having it. When your more concerned on a look, compared to how it actually helps whatever...then you are a ricer.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Most likely fiberglass with some kind of weave looking like CF...

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I'd prefer the idea of just fixing the spoiler on the current one. I would like to keep the reflecter in there. There is a 00 or so Malibu around here without the inner taillights/reflecter and it looks GAY AS HELL

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Most likely fiberglass with some kind of weave looking like CF...

...actually they are real cf laid over fiberglass,thats why they are so cheap...a "real" hood or trunk would be cf on top of cf..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Make it a pre-98 with inner tail lights and molded in lip spoiler and I will def buy it. That is as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
oem style please

99greensvt true bendzw/magnaflo accelwires mircosplitter pioneer 6400 intrax springs rear strut bar removed door "ding" guards custom painted interior/leather magic.com kn filter drilled /slotted rotors
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L

......if they were real cf..

Well, neither the hoods nor the proposed trunk are actually real carbon fiber. If it was, it would cost waaay more than 300-400 dollars...

What are you talking about . Assuming you are talking about cf1 products. There real %100 hand laid carbon fiber, trunk,hoods,sail panels. There is a fiberglass frame underneath the hood and trunk, the frame is glued to the carbon fiber sheet. Two total seperate peices, very sturdy. Of course there is resin in there as well. I don't remember the grade or weave pattern exactly though. Sure you can make the frames of carbon as well, add about $150 to that price, realy unnecessary on a contour or any street car for that matter. Please don't get me started on the non rolled edge thing either, ask anyone who has some, and what color it turns . What would possible make you think it wasn't real.

Prodigy I highly doubt you will get any money from anyone. Best to pay up front and collect a return later.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Originally posted by livinsvt:
What would possible make you think it wasn't real.

Sorry I did not elaborate on my statement. I meant to say that the hood is not ENTIRELY made of CF...

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard