Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I have made contact with Carbon Fiber one and they are interested in making a mold for me however i want. The mold will take approximately 3-4 weeks to make. Their charge for the mold is $2000 or 10 or more people with half down. I am hesitant to put down $2000 so please help me out here. We can make this trunk however we want. Let me here your ideas on the style of trunk you want.

WHAT CARBON TRUNK DO YOU WANT?!
I will take considertion on what everyone says....

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I bet if you have them take the old one, and un-gay it, a lot of people will sign up.

For example, make the lip about half the height it is on the origional thing.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
No, better still make a CF version of the Pre-98 with the Pre-98 lip andh NO INNER TAILIGHTS REFLECTORS OR OTHER CRAP.

Just smooth, And I will buy!

If that is out then go post-98 WITH NO REFLECTOR.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Stazi:
No, better still make a CF version of the Pre-98 with the Pre-98 lip andh NO INNER TAILIGHTS REFLECTORS OR OTHER CRAP.

Just smooth, And I will buy!

Agreed!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Double agreed, and make some freakin CF mirrors already!

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by EuroTour99:

Why does everyone want carbon fiber everything? Carbon fiber is there to make lightweight and strong parts. I mean carbon fiber mirrors? thats rediculous...its all looks...which means ricer!! Some parts are understandable like a hood...but mirrors...good god, that as bad as the sail panels...next thing your going to want is carbonf iber door dings, carbon fiber license plate holder, carbon fiber door handles, etc.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Like most people on here, I liked the trunk but did not like the so-not-applicable-on-a-Contour spoiler.

If an effort was made to make the spoiler look like the Competition Package 2005 BMW M3, I bet it would be a huge hit.

So count me in if you can pull that of...

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
Originally posted by EuroTour99:

Why does everyone want carbon fiber everything? Carbon fiber is there to make lightweight and strong parts. I mean carbon fiber mirrors? thats rediculous...its all looks...which means ricer!! Some parts are understandable like a hood...but mirrors...good god, that as bad as the sail panels...next thing your going to want is carbonf iber door dings, carbon fiber license plate holder, carbon fiber door handles, etc.

......ricer is a state of mind...imo....i just ordered a set of cf sails today..and yes i would take a set of cf door handles..if they were real cf..and i still want a cf imrc cover...i dont think that makes me a ricer..or my car a "rice mobil"..i think some people throw that term around alittle to losely....

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
The problem with the first CF trunk wasn't that the spoiler was there so much as it was that the spoiler was TOO there.

They just have to mold it in a little better to mimick the look of the M3 and it would be a smash. All this pre-98 98+ no reflector, optional taillights rubbish is what crashed the first one. Too many people want too many things.

For Christ's sake, it's a trunk. It's not like you'll gain half a second in the quarter because of it.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Originally posted by tour96se:

......if they were real cf..

Well, neither the hoods nor the proposed trunk are actually real carbon fiber. If it was, it would cost waaay more than 300-400 dollars...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard