Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1271857 05/11/05 03:24 AM
M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
Mike,
That does not look like the one I got the IMRC off of. It also had different wheels that the one in this picture.
Jarrod

1999 Contour SVT Toreador Red / Tan interior #2442 of 2760 Born August 2, 1999
#1271858 05/11/05 02:08 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Well, I haven't made it out there but I plan to this week because there is a bunch of small stuff I would like to get off of it. I'll post all the details when I get out there....may not be until Saturday morning though.

later. slingersvt

98 T-Red CSVT
#1271859 05/12/05 05:01 PM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by captainandy15:
Why would that guy on the left be smiling? Hope no one was hurt. Redlineracer I'll have to head down to Porky's with you sometime this summer, sounds like fun.

Oh it is

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Redlineracer12:
Why would that guy on the left be smiling? Hope no one was hurt. Redlineracer I'll have to head down to Porky's with you sometime this summer, sounds like fun.

Oh it is

OK CHANGED MY MIND A BIT....
I go down to university about every weekend and my buddies and i usually cruise around for a few hours and grab some Wendy's while we're there.... No big deal right? Well tonight i was just down there i was cruising around and got pulled over right off of University Ave..... Why was i pulled over? Well apparently my Borla exhaust is too loud, my tinting that the car came with is illegal, and ONE of my TWO rear license plate lights is burntout. All of which i explained to the officer of course. I told him i was unaware that my light was out and that i would take care of it. I don't understand how i could get a ticket for a perfectly LEGAL aftermarket exhaust system, especially since my Borla is NOT loud in the slightest. And lastly i explained to him that i bought the car with the window tinting and that i did not know it was too dark... it read 27% on his little reader, i guess the limit is 50%. AGGHHH.... I just wanted to lean out the car window and punch him in the head, is that so bad? Anyways grand total with the 3 seperate fines my total is at $383 dollars worth of equipment violations because i didn't have a single moving violation! Guess i didn't realize that going out on the weekends and having a good time while trying to avoid trouble was such an illegal act... I'm definitely fighting this ticket.

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X

Oh it is

OK CHANGED MY MIND A BIT....
I go down to university about every weekend and my buddies and i usually cruise around for a few hours and grab some Wendy's while we're there.... No big deal right? Well tonight i was just down there i was cruising around and got pulled over right off of University Ave..... Why was i pulled over? Well apparently my Borla exhaust is too loud, my tinting that the car came with is illegal, and ONE of my TWO rear license plate lights is burntout. All of which i explained to the officer of course. I told him i was unaware that my light was out and that i would take care of it. I don't understand how i could get a ticket for a perfectly LEGAL aftermarket exhaust system, especially since my Borla is NOT loud in the slightest. And lastly i explained to him that i bought the car with the window tinting and that i did not know it was too dark... it read 27% on his little reader, i guess the limit is 50%. AGGHHH.... I just wanted to lean out the car window and punch him in the head, is that so bad? Anyways grand total with the 3 seperate fines my total is at $383 dollars worth of equipment violations because i didn't have a single moving violation! Guess i didn't realize that going out on the weekends and having a good time while trying to avoid trouble was such an illegal act... I'm definitely fighting this ticket.

Damn Tony that blows! The pigs down there are pretty brutal. We were cruising there Friday night from around 11-1230 and there was no action. Tons of cops though.

My buddy said that last weekend they ticketed everyone that was parked at Foodsmart for trespassing... I dont get it. They complain that we are out street racing and causing trouble and whatnot but when a bunch of people want to harmlessly hang out and talk cars and check out rides they're all over us! grrr This was my first time down to Uni since before college and it sucked! Boy have things changed....

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Boy have things changed....

They sure have, i'm not giving up though! still going down there every weekend whether they like it or not... Those bastards. i'll just have to make sure i have working bulbs next time

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Boy have things changed....

They sure have, i'm not giving up though! still going down there every weekend whether they like it or not... Those bastards. i'll just have to make sure i have working bulbs next time

Good call man! Make sure your rolling with the windows down so you dont get picked up for tint.....

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Good call man! Make sure your rolling with the windows down so you dont get picked up for tint.....

Interesting that you should mention this. The wife was pulled over in the SVT by the local constabulary in the next town over for window tint. The cop's swagger ceased when he realized that the "punk kid" he'd pulled over (at a stopsign, mind you) turned out to be a 30-something geologist.

Ironically, the tint was perfectly OK in Texas where the cops might have somewhat more concern over getting shot at. But what to do? It isn't like Officer Friendly has anything better to do in rural Iowa.

There are 10 kinds of people. Those who can read binary, and those who can't.
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

Interesting that you should mention this. The wife was pulled over in the SVT by the local constabulary in the next town over for window tint. The cop's swagger ceased when he realized that the "punk kid" he'd pulled over (at a stopsign, mind you) turned out to be a 30-something geologist.

Ironically, the tint was perfectly OK in Texas where the cops might have somewhat more concern over getting shot at. But what to do? It isn't like Officer Friendly has anything better to do in rural Iowa.

I was pulled over last fall for tint. The cop asked me how darkt hey were... I lied and said %50 he said ok and left...lol they are 35% idiot!

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
NICE! lol, i think next time i'm going down there i'll just roll the windows down and unplug the front two wiring harness's going to the switches, it's only like two screws That way i'll just tell them they're clear but broken

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard