Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by svt4stv:

$50 is for the computer cut stuff. it obviously cost more due to their having the program. if you were to order just a sheet of of the see through vinyl then the price is listed above (ie $14.95 a foot). im sure this stuff is a bit more expensive then just plain old everyday vinyl. if that's all you want then call them. youre probably looking at around $10 a foot or so (probably less), but i can only guess. a few years back i bought a sheet of red vinyl for my buddy. i believe it was 3 feet. it cost around $20.

In the 1st post you stated this in regards to having them make eyelids...

Originally posted by svt4stv:

other than that, i guess just buy the headlight set and cut them from there. at least the top of the light would already be done for you. if you wanted it in a specific vinyl color just ask them to do headlight covers in that color (solid) and then cut them as you see fit. shouldnt be too hard.

so this is why I said this...

Originally posted by mygameisplatnum:
$50 some bucks to butcher up a set of their covers to make eyelids and a good chance at a slip of the knife? ummm no thanks, I can pick up a sheet of vinyl for a few bucks or a couple pices of scraps for free.

You didnt mention using a ordinary standard piece of vynyl from them to make the eyelids at the beginning...you said to make them from the $50-some covers. That is why I said thats unresonable

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
im not talking having them make eyelids at all. i highly doubt they would be interested. the only thing that is unreasonable is you wanting other people to do the work for you for peanuts.

if youre a broke car enthusiast then DIY! if your game really is platinum, then this shouldnt even be an issue for you.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
its not about anyone working for penuts, i can get vinyl from a local guy that does all my vinyl for dirt cheap sometimes he gives me a 2-3 foot roll for free, its simply a fact that its extremly hard just to do eyebrows on our headlights let alone cover the entire headlight, i dont think it can be done without major bubbles and creases or cuts all over the place making them look like crap. trust me i have done vehicle wraps before as well as other things in vinyl and our headlights, is one of the worst things i have ever tried to vinyl before and after about 8 tries it aint happening. not to say that someone else couldnt do it but i cant thats a fact. if you can cover a contour headlight in blue or yellow and not a photoshop either and post a pic i will stand by your side, and probly buy some, but till then i guarantee you wont sell any unless its for fogs which mainly have a flatt surface, which i will do red for my fogs

Last edited by ryanblacksvt; 05/05/05 10:03 PM.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
thank you ryanblacksvt...svt4whatever didnt seem to catch on....i think he's a little slllllloooooow.

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I can get this done at a local shop, where they cut a 3M material made specifically for headlights in order to protect for for UV light, hazing and cracking, lifetime warranty, including the headlights. The cost, including labor (they put them on your car) is $35 for both headlights, last time I checked. I wet sanded mine and was going to have this done, but I decided to wait and get new ones someday, and just have it done to them

so....i really wouldnt' be willing to pay that price and then have to risk messing it up myself, when I can have it done by professionals for the same or lower cost. If it was more like $15 for both lights, then I would be in

99 T-green svt K&N & heatshield Opt. y-pipe Borla Superchip DMD Magnecore wires Metal impeller water pump BAT / Bilstein kit 21mm BAT bar w/ boxed subframe 215/45/ZR17 Toyo Proxes FZ on Rage 5.0's jimmkreider@yahoo.com
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
i am thinking the same thing, and by the way where did you get your fogs and what did they cost? and lastely do they botl up to the exhisting fogs?

I got mine from a PIAA 510 GB last summer. I think they ended up costing around $175.00. The stock fog light holders have to be modified (easy job) and they're wired up to the stock fog wires. If you decide to get a pair, I think I could find the how-to for you. They're awesome!!

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
cool thanks man, and yeah i wont do anything like that to my headlights anyways, sometimes putting plastic or vinyl will make them haze worse and will eat away at the clear coating they put on them and make them dull. but yeah there are shops that will put it on for you for dirt cheap

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard