Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by contourdad:
Great job, Ray! I was hesitant to tackle this myself, but after reading this write-up, I'm all in. Thanks for putting things in layman's terms for us novice mechanics!

Contourdad

That is my entire intention with every how-to I write.. I started that way, and just WISHED that I had a how-to that SHOWED me WHERE the frigging "whatever" was, not just "mentioned" it.. I wanted something to say "put that long thing in that part, and make it face forward".. or something to that effect..

That is my goal. .and I am REALLY glad to hear that it is working..

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Great write-up. Much easier to understand with the pics. Thanks!

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I've got all my materials ready to tear her down and clean her up... nice lazy Saturday project. Thanks Ray for writing that up and giving me the extra boost to tackle it.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Awsome work man ....very cool for you to do that :-)

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
after doing this i have a few tips/comments.

1. seems every local parts store was out of berrymans. i used seafoam. works fine to fill up the UIM and be sure to let it soak for a few hours. it didnt seem to eat away the carbon as fast as. . .

2. valvoline carb cleaner. this stuff is basically a power washer for your intake. literally blasts the carbon off. granted, i couldnt fill the UIM with it like seafoam, hence the seafoam usage on the UIM. on the LIM, however, the valvoline carb cleaner + a tooth brush made short work of the buildup.

as far as i could see, after letting the seafoam soak the UIM for a while, and after some brushing, most of the carbon seems to have dissolved. it was hard to get the opening where the TB sits soaked, so i used the carb cleaner there.

the how to was very helpful. if i made any additions to it i would make only one.

for the injector removal, you just have to pull. i had a hell of a time getting mine off. it just took a lot of wiggling and tugging, but they finally came out. on the return system, there are only 4 bolts instead of the 7 or so the how to states. they are all on the fuel rail and easily spotted. a small drop of oil helps the injectors slide back in much more easily.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
That was gangsta Ray

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by X needs new bumper!:
That was gangsta Ray

THats cause Ray IS gangsta... Biggie, fity cent, and the clan have nutin' on Ray.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
My brother reportedly is getting 1-2 MPG on his Cougar after I cleaned his intakes and TB. Little added bonus to this.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Plain ole' todras:
My brother reportedly is getting 1-2 MPG on his Cougar after I cleaned his intakes and TB. Little added bonus to this.

I take it you mean additional 1-2 mpg. I TOO, have seen a nice increase in gas mileage. I was averaging about 20.3 mpg city beofre I did th eintake cleaning. Now, with th esame driving, I average 22.9 mpg city.. and a smidge over 30 highway.

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
well on the way to SZ i got 30.6 MPG with dirty manifolds. im heading back up north in 3 weeks with clean manifolds so its time to see what i can manage!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard