Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I don't think you realize the custom work that would have to be done to fit the 2.5 in your car. You would be talking about custom motor mounts, ECU, exhaust, engine, radiator, tranny, etc, etc...

You would be best served by buying another zetec and depending on your finances, putting on a turbo or JRSC. IMHO, of course...

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by WildChild:

Well I have a blown head gasket, posible cracked head, bad water pump,

was i right? Did the water pump fail over heated the motor and warped/cracked the head.
Just get a low milage 2.0 from a junk yard. that will be your best bet. and then later on turbo it.
Theres no shop on the planet that gonna swap a 2.5 into your car.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
those 2.0 liters are all over ebay, $275 bucks will get it, shipping is another story. Just a little FYI

I drive a Ford, what else do you need to know??
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
I have plenty of time to think about it. In the meantime I'll do some research to find out what kind of engine swaps have been done. I know 96mercury put a focus zetec in his and his starting his turbo mod, thats something I considered.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard