Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Seems like every meet occurs in WA for WA/Canada tours. We should have one in salem or portland area. Maybe we could meet some new faces if folks didn't have to drive 4 hours Is anyone who actually lives in Oregon interested?

ATX MTX swap, rear drum disc swap, drilled rotors, ported intake, optim throttle body, CAI, 7.5L MAF, adj. fuel regulator, longtube headers, underdrive pulley, no EGR, low inpedence bigger injectors, 2002 Focus Swap
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
96merc, since you registered here we had a meet in Portland in early December 2004 (Marty and I talking headers, Toby selling some nice parts, Mike driving a Lumina but dreaming of an eleven second Monte Carlo and getting his SVT back on the road) and we had another one in Portland for the Auto Show in January 2005. Yes, we're DUE for another one. But show up next time, OK?

Marty/groovenerd is almost always up for one along with likely knowing dates for track days at Portland's 1.9 mile race course, Toby/lucky comes up here a lot, Mike/shotwell is often in the neighborhood with enough advance notice, Robert/Qbert may have something to show us on his Focus, ShaunG still checks in sometimes with his VW, SleeperZ drives in with his nitrous zetec Q ship, and I know I'm overlooking a couple SVTs from Beaverton and Lake Oswego and other locals, and then there are the handful around Salem and Eugene I've not met, although brethren from Puget Sound have shown up here.

What kind of meet would you have in mind?

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Not sure what kind of meet but basically show up with stuff you want to sell and check out eachothers cars/mods exchange some ideas and BS about stuff. I see lots of contours in salem but no SVTs .

ATX MTX swap, rear drum disc swap, drilled rotors, ported intake, optim throttle body, CAI, 7.5L MAF, adj. fuel regulator, longtube headers, underdrive pulley, no EGR, low inpedence bigger injectors, 2002 Focus Swap
D
DDV Offline
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I might be in the mood for a drive to Portland.

Make sure you post when you want to meet, and I'll see what my schedule's like. It'd be fun to meet some of you "southenders".

Maybe we could get a small contingent of WA Contours to drive down?

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Hey i forgot about ShaunG, whats he been up to PDXST? You know? Id be down for a meet, but i would be bringing my DSM.

Contour is SOLD 97 GST eclipse is SOLD 2002 S2K...
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by PDXSVT:

Marty/groovenerd is almost always up for one along with likely knowing dates for track days at Portland's 1.9 mile race course...

Funny you should mention that! I was about to post the dates of JUNE 2-3 for a possible meet, as that is the next Cascade Sports Car Club Driver's School/Track Day! W00t! A mere $149 gets you a night of classroom instruction and a day at the track the next day. You'll learn car-handling skills, how well your car handles and what you and it can do in a safe -- and FUN -- environment. I think a friend of mine is going that day with her '05 Accord, and if so, I'm planning on going as well. If some of y'all come, I'll go regardless of whether or not my friend makes it to that one.

...gas pedal on the floor down the front straight in fourth gear. GO! GO! GO! now just under redline - MAN these cars sound SWEET when they're wound-up! okay - turn coming - no time for fifth. heel-and-toe get ready - NOW! on the brakes! blip gas - downshift! threshold braking - steady wheel. blip again and into second. ABS kicks in for a split-second. steer right and ease off brakes. tires squealing on the edge of adhesion. slight throttle input. steady. more throttle and slight straightening of steering wheel. steady. a little more throttle. another right-hander. ease up on the throttle and steer right with a touch of left-foot braking to bring the rear of the car around. tires emit another joyful cry. slowly back on the gas and gently unwind the steering wheel. car's about straight - NOW! HARD on the throttle! GO! GO! GO!...

Palms sweaty yet?

Sooo, any takers? C'mon... You KNOW you WANT to! Your KNOW your car wants to go too.

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Marty, you're evil.

I'm on the east coast on those track day dates. But for others that want more info, do you need a helmet, if so how do you get one, what do those run? Or people that just want to check it out but not drive on the course, what's it cost them to bring in a cold one of their choosing and park and meet up?

You must be eager to air out your new pipes at top end and powering out of curves.

(Your next mod might be a chip to raise your redlines? Didn't you work on your TB a long time ago?)

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
Marty, you're evil.

MUAHAHAHAHA! Yes I am.

Last year they had rental helmets available for like 10 bucks if you don't have one or can't find one to borrow. I think you can still use a motorcycle helmet too, but call them to be sure. And, unless they've changed something, it costs all of NOTHING to come by, hang out, and watch everyone ELSE having fun! There are usually some pretty nice cars there. I've seen Corvettes, Mustangs, Vipers, a Ferrari 308, a Testarossa, a Lotus Elan, race-prepped sports cars, etc. I don't think they allow outside alcohol in the park, but they usually have the concession stand open. They may not be selling alcohol that day though, due to it being a track day and participants not being allowed to drink. But yeah! At least stop by and check it out. Just wear soft-tipped shoes, so when you kick yourself for not signing up it doesn't hurt too much.

If you absolutely CAN'T make it to this one (like, if you're gonna be on the East Coast or something ), don't dispair! There are three more this year:

8/26
9/23
10/14

You GOTTA come to at least ONE!!!

(Yeah, I'd like to get that Superchips thing they're trying to do in the Group Buy. Hopefully they'll get the price down a little more. And yes, I have optimized my TB already.)

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
I have a svt and work in salem.I have a buddy that lives close to salem and has csvt and fsvt he's getting ready to put his s/c on his csvt.There is a black svt that I allways see.I would love to have local meet maybe it would help me not sell it.Hope to see you guys

99 SVT STOCK
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Ok good sounds like there are actually local peeps /now to just meet....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard