Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I did the on-the-car IM cleaning a couple of days ago. LOTS of smoke, I hope that means it was doing some good !

My goal for the summer is to do the whole teardown cleaning, gasket replacement, etc.

I'm wondering if both methods have value. It seems like you should be able to do the teardown serious cleaning, and then do the on-the-car method every 10,000 or so miles (as someone suggested) to keep it clean? Kind of maintaining the cleanliness? Does that make sense?

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Yeah.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
cool man i'm glad to hear you did it ok...i was wondering if you had tried it yet...

i would say do both it sure can't hurt anything...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by mean'tour:
My goal for the summer is to do the whole teardown cleaning, gasket replacement, etc.

Me too!

On the subject of cleaning, I've got myself a couple bottles of Techron. Is that a suitable substance to use for the quickie job?

I'm wondering about which to do first--the easy way or the hard way. What has me worried is if I try the chemical flush method first, it'll break loose a bunch of crap that will, on its way to the tailpipe, clog my cats, gum up my O2 sensors, or any other horrible things I can think up.

See, for the last (at least) 20,000 miles, my car has had a drop-in K&N filter with a hole in it sitting in the engine compartment without an airbox. Who knows what kind of crud is lurking in my intake?

Stealth is best. Make it look stock. Confuse people. Bother people. --'00 Contour SVT in dashing Silver Frost. Completely stock. Gonna do some minor tinkering. Ultimate goal? True dual! Now... Just need lots of money...
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard