Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by juices:
I'm planning on trying it to..

How to and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

There's a How-to here. Or Chrissilversvt just PM'd me some instructions as well:

first off find the brake booster(its a big round black thing on the rear firewall near the windshield)it also has the master cylinder attached to it.......

now take half the can of seafoam and pour it in a shallow bowl or container...this is what you'll suck into the vaccum hose.....

now there is a vaccum line attached to the brake booster with a plastic fitting....remove that line from the fitting(should just pull off)its also ok to remove it with the fitting(but will be easier to suck it in thru just the hose)remove this hose with the engine running...removing it will cause the car to run a little rough...if you have a helper have them sit in the car and give it enough gas to keep it running..or if by yourself use the throttle on side of throttlebody by hand to keep it revved enough to stay running...

now just slowly place the hose into the bowl and let it suck the seafoam out of the bowl until it has sucked it all in....it will only take a couple minutes to suck it all in...

now put the hose back on and shut off the car....and pour the other half in your gas tank...

let it sit for about 15-20 minutes....

after it has sat...start it back up and let it run a minute...there should be smoke coming out of the exhaust..this is normal as its the carbon burning off...the amount of smoke will vary by how dirty your engine is...now drive the car around a few minutes,it will smoke still....get on it pretty good a few times...after a few minutes it will stop smoking..then you are done...

it really is simple as that......hope this helps...as long as you can find that hose which is right on the front of the booster,you've got it made....
But my problem (I'm a n00b to car maintenance) is that I don't know where these vaccum hoses are. Are these them? I would pry these loose and put some Sea Foam (or Berryman's B12, etc.) into these as the engine runs, right.

Please let me know, as I would like to try and do this cleaning this weekend, before I install my new plugs and wires...

THANKS ! ! !

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
follow those hoses outlined and see which one goes to the back and to the booster...you need to unhook it from the booster though not the uim...can someone please post a pic of the brake booster and vaccum hose????at the firewall...i don't have a tour anymore so i cant go take one...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by mean'tour:

There's a How-to here. Or Chrissilversvt just PM'd me some instructions as well:

first off find the brake booster(its a big round black thing on the rear firewall near the windshield)it also has the master cylinder attached to it.......

now take half the can of seafoam and pour it in a shallow bowl or container...this is what you'll suck into the vaccum hose.....

now there is a vaccum line attached to the brake booster with a plastic fitting....remove that line from the fitting(should just pull off)its also ok to remove it with the fitting(but will be easier to suck it in thru just the hose)remove this hose with the engine running...removing it will cause the car to run a little rough...if you have a helper have them sit in the car and give it enough gas to keep it running..or if by yourself use the throttle on side of throttlebody by hand to keep it revved enough to stay running...

now just slowly place the hose into the bowl and let it suck the seafoam out of the bowl until it has sucked it all in....it will only take a couple minutes to suck it all in...

now put the hose back on and shut off the car....and pour the other half in your gas tank...

after it has sat...start it back up and let it run a minute...there should be smoke coming out of the exhaust..this is normal as its the carbon burning off...the amount of smoke will vary by how dirty your engine is...now drive the car around a few minutes,it will smoke still....get on it pretty good a few times...after a few minutes it will stop smoking..then you are done...

it really is simple as that......hope this helps...as long as you can find that hose which is right on the front of the booster,you've got it made....
But my problem (I'm a n00b to car maintenance) is that I don't know where these vaccum hoses are. Are these them? I would pry these loose and put some Sea Foam (or Berryman's B12, etc.) into these as the engine runs, right.

Please let me know, as I would like to try and do this cleaning this weekend, before I install my new plugs and wires...

THANKS ! ! !

Anyone have any photos or anything? I'm just not quite sure where to run the Sea Foam/ Berryman's B12.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
hey mean tour...pm me your email again...i have a pic of my mustang brake booster,which will give you an idea what it looks like...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E

THANKS ! ! !

Anyone have any photos or anything? I'm just not quite sure where to run the Sea Foam/ Berryman's B12.

Anyone? Sorry to repeatedly kick a dead horse, but I need a fool proof (ie. me proof) way to know that I'm putting the cleaner into the right vacuum hole areas.

Any photos? Or maybe a diagram? Is this type of info./ photos in the Haynes manual?

Any ideas? I appreciate chrissilversvt's help, but I'm still not sure.

Thanks in advance.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Yes, those to little black plastic hoses are where you stick a vac hose in. You only do one at a time. They slide off very easily, just h old your thumb nail against the black ring, push down a bit on the hose, and pull up. Stick your hose in there and suck it down. Word of advise... this method does not do as good as a jon as I thought... I sucked up a can of b-12 2 weeks ago, car ran better... but this weekend I pulled the UIM off and it was NASTY. Go to the pics and vids section, you can see pics from my hardcore UIM/LIM cleaning.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
If you want fool proof, theni take it apart and clean it manually.. the spray on method doesn't do anything but "lessen" the buildup.. the stuff is on there WAY to much to be taken off simply by the booster method. There is a thread in Pics and Vids about a weeken cleaning that states the exact thing. he did the booster method and THEN took it apart to find it looking like he hadn't touched it.

There is a how-to I wrote in the Duratec Maintenance forum, stickied at the top. If you can read English, and follow SIMPLE directions, you can do this.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Ray:
If you want fool proof, then take it apart and clean it manually.. the spray on method doesn't do anything but "lessen" the buildup.. the stuff is on there WAY to much to be taken off simply by the booster method. There is a thread in Pics and Vids about a weekend cleaning that states the exact thing. Chad did the booster method and THEN took it apart to find it looking like Lilstrypedrocket hadn't touched it.

Ray

I'm a STAR!!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Keep tellin' yourself that..

Either way.. it is as I stated, and now you have the guy I was referring to in here.. so see for yourself... it sucks... don't waste your time, or effort, and if you do, don't say I didn't tell you so.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Ray is the smart one... he gets to hold the kid-leash when us retarded people go outside.

And yes, Ray is right. I think it can be said and made official as of this day... the B-12 concept is not as good as we think... and really a waste of time.

Take that FAQ thing-a-ma-bob.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard