Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1258791 05/10/05 06:13 AM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
Is this "seafoam" product available at regular autoparts stores?

I suppose after 150,000 miles it might be a good thing to try, especially with an "On-Track" event coming up in a couple weeks.

yep got it at napa...i think all the parts stores carry it...it is in the aisle with the engine and trans. stuff...in a metal bottle...its only like $6.....

if you don't have time to take your uim/lim off to clean them...just let a vaccum line(such as the brake booster line)suck half of the can into your engine....you'll probably have to give it a bit of throttle to keep it running....then just shut the car off and let it sit a few minutes...then start it up and let it smoke then drive it around until the smoking stops...i poured the other half can into the gas tank.....

made my mustang with over 100k on it run alot smoother,and better,it even sounds better...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
#1258792 05/10/05 01:26 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
Is this "seafoam" product available at regular autoparts stores?

I suppose after 150,000 miles it might be a good thing to try, especially with an "On-Track" event coming up in a couple weeks.

yep got it at napa...i think all the parts stores carry it...it is in the aisle with the engine and trans. stuff...in a metal bottle...its only like $6.....

if you don't have time to take your uim/lim off to clean them...just let a vaccum line(such as the brake booster line)suck half of the can into your engine....you'll probably have to give it a bit of throttle to keep it running....then just shut the car off and let it sit a few minutes...then start it up and let it smoke then drive it around until the smoking stops...i poured the other half can into the gas tank.....

made my mustang with over 100k on it run alot smoother,and better,it even sounds better...

I've found Sea Foam at Auto Zone for $5-6. Does anyone know of a "How-to" possibly with photos for this vacuum line IM cleaning? I'm a n00b and need some help.

Thanks in advance !

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
#1258793 05/10/05 01:34 PM
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Advance Auto on University has it. If you need help doing it let me know - I did it a few weeks ago.

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by mean'tour:

I've found Sea Foam at Auto Zone for $5-6. Does anyone know of a "How-to" possibly with photos for this vacuum line IM cleaning? I'm a n00b and need some help.

Thanks in advance !

Anyone know of a "How-to" for cleaning (on the car) the IMs? I need photos, etc., == a n00b, that's me.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
when i get home from work i'll pm you a how to....its really easy...

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z

He's right...Really Easy!

However, you may want to consider doing the full cleaning as listed here. It certainly isn't rocket science, and with the photos I'm confident you can complete it.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E

That would be really great, thanks ! I'd like to do it, as I am going to change out my plugs soon... Can do the oil anytime.

I scored a bottle of Sea Foam for $.99 for the NE-CEG Spring meet, it was a mistake at AutoZone that I didn't discover until the next day. I also have a bottle of Berryman's B12. Which would people recommend for this cleaning?

Thanks. If you have any photos to accompany the How-to that would be great. I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing in the right place.

Thanks AGAIN !

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I'm planning on trying it to..

How to and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

98 silverfrost contour se duratec mtx eibach springs koni struts K&N P-Flow ford racing plug wires
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
I had bought the seafoam and was told to take it it back. To use Lucas upper cylinder and injector cleaner in the tall plastic bottle, anyone use that?

'00 T-Red TourSE 2.5L ATX Foglight Mod,Optimized Y-Pipe & TB, FSVT F/P,RU-3530 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/688552
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by kontour_sev6:
I had bought the seafoam and was told to take it it back. To use Lucas upper cylinder and injector cleaner in the tall plastic bottle, anyone use that?

whoever told you taht is an idiot......has this person ever used seafoam??????i doubt it....trust me i used it 2 weekends ago,and it made a HUGE difference in the way my mustang runs now...and i'm not exaggerating at all...it runs and idles smoother and pulls noticeably harder as well...i am reccomending this stuff from personal experience...go to stangnet.com and search for seafoam and you can read literally hundreds of testimonials of this product...

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard