Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
And I'm pretty happy, although I think I had more brake pad left on the old ones than I thought ... oh well

Question though, I did try bedding the brakes, but the front rotors seem to have some parts seem to be 'scored' -- is that normal until the Ti pads get flat ?

Great experience dealing with Stazi too ... now if it wasn't for [censored] FedEx

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The Titaniums do NOT need to be bedded like regular pads that's what the layer of Ti on the pads is for. That being said you're not supposed to throw them on and try and do 120mph to 0mph two-foot stops!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
O
ODC Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Thanks stazi,

I didn't exactly do that, when I meant bedding I meant I didn't do any hard/panic stops.

I can't hit 120mph anyway, my tires are almost worn out : p

Is the scoring a concern ? Or will it go away ? I've only driven about, 250km's on them.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Stazi:
That being said you're not supposed to throw them on and try and do 120mph to 0mph two-foot stops!

but staz, that sounds like my daily commute

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Some mild scoring is completely normal. I can't tell how bad yours are. You may want to check and see if you have any foreign material stuck on the pads if you think what you have is more than normal.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I've had scoring issues too. So far it has not affected my braking performance or the feel of the car. Everything is working just fine. I've had my Stazi kits on two cars for several months now & I wouldn't trade them for anything. In fact, I'm gonna go check the Zetec now - they've been on there the longest. If I ever get a warped rotor or pulsing pedal or anything like that, I'll report it to Stazi, but so far - just fine.

Stand by...

Three out of four rotor surfaces on the front brakes are perfectly flat - or at least smooth enough that I cannot see or feel (with my fingernail) any imperfections. The outside driver side rotor surface still has some very minor scoring, much less than before. I'm comfortable with it.

Last edited by TourDeForce; 04/26/05 04:27 PM.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
mine has mild scoring as well. basically you can see it but not feel it.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
i will tell you one thing (not trying to hi-jack the thread), Stazi is professional as proffessionals can get, and quick with his orders. I baught rotors and brake pads off of him Monday.... recieve them 2 days later? crazy stuff. not even full blown big name websites get stuff to you that fast (unless you pay 100.00 shipping or something rediculious like that).
I just hope the quality is as good as everyone says. I have been driving around on warped, cracked, junked up rotors for about a year now (slaps himself).

1998 Black SVT (#469 on 4-24-1997) Custom Cougars CAI Custom Magnaflow exhaust opt. jet-hot-coated Y-pipe B&M short shifter Stazi Rotor & Brake kit 17x7 Enkei RO56's Mirco Splitter 15.45 @ 89.03 (Stock /w worn clutch) 172HP 164TRQ (stock)
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by TrumpDrewSVT:
I just hope the quality is as good as everyone says. I have been driving around on warped, cracked, junked up rotors for about a year now (slaps himself).

YOU! Sir, are in for a treat...

Just don't go hog wild right away. Give the new brakes a thousand miles to seat properly before you go testing their limits. You can get away with a lot fewer miles of regular driving, but I'm conservative.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
i've not had his rotors but the titanium pads he sells are every bit as good as everyone says they are.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard