Print Thread
#1257372 04/25/05 01:46 PM
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I am going to re-paint my factory SVT calipers since I had replaced my stock rotors & pads not too long ago anyways, but also since my big brake upgrade might have to wait a tad longer.

I will take opinions on caliper color in the meantime...

What color caliper should I put behind this wheel on my silver car?

High-Heat Silver
High-Heat Black

I already had them black behind my hyperblack wheels, but I may need to refresh opinions since my wheels will now be gloss black. Thanks to all who helped...

XL

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Keep it quiet back there. Black is the way to go. Then put some money into a turbo 3L so that your car has the balls to back up the looks!

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by 95Sleeper:
Keep it quiet back there. Black is the way to go. Then put some money into a turbo 3L so that your car has the balls to back up the looks!

I like what I read... ...... BUT... I am loving my 340 miles to the tank and not sure I wanna change that... . Like the saying says, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Seriously though, I have owned a turbo 2.0 liter 4 cylinder SR20DET, a VQ35DE G35 4 door, and a 2004 GMC Savana 4.3L 6 in line, and surprisingly enough, The CSVT has been the best to me regarding fuel consumption. I fill up and the tank lasts me 10-12 days. I am very happy with it... not sure I wanna change that feel me?

XL

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Those DUBs could have paid for a lot of gas. But hey, if you just want to pimp in your ride, take the gas mileage!

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I voted for black because of the black wheels but I did so with mixed feelings.

The stock color for SVT calipers is nearly silver because of the dacromat finish. The dacromat color has a little bit of a yellow cast to it, but silver is nearly a match. When it came time to paint mine, I chose silver. I used silver high temp engine paint because the parts stores did not carry silver caliper paint (they had black, yellow, red, and a funny light blue). The silver was a good shoice because it is a closer match to the stock wheels. I painted the rotors too (not the friction face).

So it depends on what you are trying to do. Black is always good because it still shows that you are keeping the car clean while allowing the wheels to stand out. It is perhaps more conservative. Silver will keep the brakes looking more like stock SVT.

To help you see the difference, paint two pieces of cardboard about the size of a caliper. Paint one black and paint the other one silver. Hold the painted cardboard behind the wheel and look through the wheel and see how it looks.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i think the black will look much better behind those wheels. the silver will clash with the black wheels and also the polished lip, even though the silver might match the car's color

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard