Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Is a 1.5qt enough for our engine? Or should I get bigger?

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by 95Sleeper:
Is a 1.5qt enough for our engine? Or should I get bigger?

How about a 1 Quart one they sell from the BAT Catalog? Would everything be included in that kit as well? it looks like it by comparing their description to others' i have read. Which size would you guys recommend if this isn't big enough?

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by 99Mystique ATX:
The oil pressure light will come on for a split second, but by the time you see that its too late. From what i've read/understand it is more of a problem on long, right hand turns. Like a long on-ramp...

hmm what happends after the light turns on?

98 contour svt #6473 of 6535
A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
Pope, thanks to the link for that install. Nice job by the way. I'm going to mount mine in the same location you chose, and run the hose the same way as well. My only problem now is finding out where exactly this is

Do you have any pics that show what the oil pressure sensor looks like? (Or could you give me a rough description?) I think I am also going to get an angle fitting and go with the regular hole route.

I am interested to know what you think about the 1qt, 1.5qt, 2qt question as well.

Thanks in advance

-glenn "Always workin to pay for the maintenance of my 'tour." 99 CSVT - Superchip, K&N Short Ram Intake, Pro Street 52" Blue Neons, Highs in Lows, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Vortech SC is on the way...
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Dakmis:
Originally posted by 99Mystique ATX:
The oil pressure light will come on for a split second, but by the time you see that its too late. From what i've read/understand it is more of a problem on long, right hand turns. Like a long on-ramp...

hmm what happends after the light turns on?

Your last rod bearing smokes itself.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R

Fun Stuff

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Redlineracer12:

Fun Stuff

Yeah, tell me about it. I've been there, twice. Now I know: don't buy engines from crappy junkyards, and take care of your baby's oil!

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Doesn't 6.5qts put excessive pressure on the seals and rings?

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by durateX:
Doesn't 6.5qts put excessive pressure on the seals and rings?

Volume has nothing to do with pressure in a car oil system. Pressure is controlled by the pump, we are just changing the amount of extra oil sitting in the pan. The only thing you can run into is the crank hitting the oil, and that doesn't happen at 6.5 qts.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P

This is on the front of the motor, kinda above/behind the A/C pump.

the stock sender is has a black plastic cap on it and a stud sticking out of it to which a single wire attaches. The easiest access is going to be to remove the belt, then the three bolts that hold the A/C pump in place, and then tie the pump out of the way so you can get access from below.

What you see in the picture is mine accessed from the top, but the heads were not on the motor at the time either.

If I remember corrctly Accusump makes accumulators in 1, 2, and 3 quart sizes, Moroso does 1.5 or 3 quart. I went with the 1.5 Moroso. My reasons follow:

1. Moroso are more widely availiable (Summit, Jegs, a local shop, etc...) (in my experience)
2. I had discounts through Summit, due to recent other purchases.
3. Even WITHOUT discounts, the Moroso and needed parts (through Summit) were close to the same price as the Accusump kit (through BAT), and the Moroso is .5qt larger.

I have my complete price break down (before discounts)in a later post further down the thread I link to you previously.

Last edited by Pope; 04/27/05 06:26 PM.

87 Mustang GT 5.0L TURBO
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard