Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Just tighten the nut another 1/2 turn or so, then sit on the fender while you loosten the nut. Should take just enough load off the nut to let it spin without the strut shaft.

'Course, I'm prolly a bigger guy...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
it its like my problem, its not that the nut won't spin, its that the nut spins with the whole shaft too. Since both parts are spinning the nut doesnt come off the shaft, and the top plate cant' be changed.

I noticed the shaft is a torx. So I could theoretically put a torx bit in the shaft, then use an open end wrench to get the nut off, theoretically of course.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
I noticed the shaft is a torx. So I could theoretically put a torx bit in the shaft, then use an open end wrench to get the nut off, theoretically of course.

That's the way I did my suspension many times

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
it its like my problem, its not that the nut won't spin, its that the nut spins with the whole shaft too. Since both parts are spinning the nut doesnt come off the shaft, and the top plate cant' be changed.

Ah, you mean the book method. On Koni's, there's another hex surface to hold onto with a small wrench while you loosen the retaining nut.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
PAID!

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by RogerB:

Ah, you mean the book method. On Koni's, there's another hex surface to hold onto with a small wrench while you loosen the retaining nut.

On my car, the hex cap of the Koni was recessed slightly in the nut, so you could not grab it with a small wrench or needle nose pliers or nuttin'. I just put my weight on the fender to compress the fresh new strut mount a bit, this eased the tension the nut had on the threads of the strut shaft & I was able to spin the nut without the problem of the shaft spinning with it.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
IN:
1.Duratex Paid Parts shipped
2.Rkneeshaw3.0 Paid Parts shipped
3.Plastique SynthetiX
4.Y2KSVT Paid Parts shipped
5.Nudespeed Paid Parts shipped
6.PewtnerST24(pending shipping to the UK)
7.Tourdeforce Paid
8.Dion Paid
9.TomV Paid Parts shipped
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid Paid
12.Hmouta Paid
13.Svtprodigy Paid
14.Buckshot77 Paid
15.NVSVT (2sets) Paid
16.Dmitri Paid

Interested pending price:
17.Mapoftazifosho
18.SVTdriver627

Batch #2 is done now! I just got them done after work today so for those few that haven't paid go right ahead, I'm saving those sets for you.I'm going to ship out the ones that have paid so far tomorrow.

I'm going to have to make another Batch for a few people that just paid. Those should be done by the end of the week and ship by the weekend.

I'm sorry to hear some of you are having problems with your struts. Been there done that too many times Thats why I love my Konis sooo much

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Paid!

97 Zetec MTX Sport Mk1 Mondeo Morettes & Clear corners Full SVT kit w/ Molded Mirko Splitter, Carbon Fibre Hood Ground Control coilovers w/ Koni adjustables, BAT anti roll bar Pics of my rides in my profile! Rally drivers do it sideways......
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
IN:
1.Duratex Paid Parts shipped
2.Rkneeshaw3.0 Paid Parts shipped
3.Plastique SynthetiX Paid
4.Y2KSVT Paid Parts shipped
5.Nudespeed Paid Parts shipped
6.PewtnerST24(pending shipping to the UK)
7.Tourdeforce Paid
8.Dion Paid
9.TomV Paid Parts shipped
10.SVT4STV
11.Morbid Paid
12.Hmouta Paid
13.Svtprodigy Paid
14.Buckshot77 Paid
15.NVSVT (2sets) Paid
16.Dmitri Paid

Interested pending price:
17.Mapoftazifosho
18.SVTdriver627

I will be shipping 7 packages tomorrow after work as of now. Thanks guys I'll keep you all posted

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Comparison pics for everyone:

Installed:

I probably could've gotten the rubber around the perimeter of the plate a little better, but its a "good enough" job for tonight

EDIT: Please excuse hte filthy engine bay; it hasn't been through a spring cleaning yet!

Last edited by rkneeshaw3.0; 05/10/05 01:43 AM.
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard