Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I was going to check to see if anyone came up with a solution and it looks like someone does. I dropped mine off at the machine shop at my work and the guys are making something very similar to the ones posted above. Should work perfectly. I would have liked to get a bunch made but he was doing it as a favor so I didn't want to push my luck.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
yeah so i didn't get a chance to work on them tonight..damn 13 hour day I'm hoping to get something done tomorrow after work..or on company time Regardless I'm gonna get the ball rolling and make at least 6 sets right off the bat. I'll try my best to get the finish nice on the pieces.

Otherwise if you guys are willing to wait and pay a little more I could work something out with Pole to get them powdercoated black?

As for finish, I'd take a rough & ready replacement in consideration for a price break. Just knock 'em out & ship 'em off! I, for one, would be happy to custom finish my own - if I so desired.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Put me down for a set.

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Well I started on them last night at work. I was very bored and had nothing to do so I just started on company time I found out my tooling problem from the other day and replaced all the carbide inserts. Finish is 100% better and the finisehd product was much better. One of the guys in the toolroom showed me a very slick adapter for the lathe to clamp thin plates. So I'll be able to square these up and turn them down to size easily on the lathe. I was going togring them to size but its just a waste of time and your guys money. I'm hoping on Monday to finish turning them down,drill the offset hole and finish deburring them all.

I'll let you guys know when they are "done" next week and then we can go from there. I don't want any payments till these are done and I'm confident you all will be pleased with the finished product. If there is still plenty of interest I'll make anohter batch of these.

Now whos all in for sure? I can't remember who is in or interested?

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
in for sure mang

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Shold we start a list of who's interested so we know how many should be made?

1999 SVT removed res FMS 9mm metal impellar Koni struts PG Xenon 6.5 MSDS Y-pipe
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Now whos all in for sure? I can't remember who is in or interested?

Just to wrap it up and order a set, I'd like to check something last minute. Are these that you are making similar to Pole's in the sense that they are 1/4" all around but have a small step that allows it to fit the rubber, or is it 1/4" all around? thanks...

XL

N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
As long as it's similar to pole's design and will fix the problem at hand, I'm in, for sure.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by mySVT:
Shold we start a list of who's interested so we know how many should be made?

yeah start a list

And for those that are still wondering these will be like Poles. 1/4" thick plate with a step in it for the rubber to easily slide onto.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
And for those that are still wondering these will be like Poles. 1/4" thick plate with a step in it for the rubber to easily slide onto.

I'm in

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard