Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by todras:
Now what's the offset? I can see many wheel bearing in your future if not correct.

42mm offset (Should even tuck ). I have two spare front wheel bearings in storage for that special day LOL . Boy am I glad I have Ground Control coilovers! A bulky stock spring perch would of been just another thing to get in the way of clearance...

Anyways, if they can fit a Civic, you can bet your fine dollar they will fit my Conty!!!

XL

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by durateX:
(but in sporty class and style of course, never bling )...

20" wheels = Bling.

Frankly, I think the whole big wheels fad is about to play itself out. I look at half the new cars today with their gigantic wheel wells and gigantic factory wheels and they just look out of proportion. Not to mention the compromises in packaging and efficiency that designers make in the name of trendy style.

Anyway, enjoy your "pioneering" effort. "As long as you like it..." as they say.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Where did the tire go on that civic?

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Where did the tire go on that civic?

Tire took a hike, the same way 56k should with the pics thread when I post them!

Here is a better pic BTW...

Just picture the centers in black ...

XL

L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Save your $$$.. Come to Spring Zing!!!

All in favor of seeing DurateX at Spring Zing with his 19's, say.......... SPRING ZING!

Mark

It's not about the money Mark you know this!

XL

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y

All in favor of seeing DurateX at Spring Zing with his 19's, say.......... SPRING ZING!

Mark

XL

I know, but I've gotta make a stand for Spring Zing. Who would wanna come to another Spring Zing that me and Jim organize if this one wasn't a big hit? If I can "persuade" an extra 10... 15.... 50 people to come, then it'll sure be a good time.. The more the marrier!! I know it's not about the money though, I can tell.. You've either got some deep pockets, some high balance credit cards, or some pissed off loan sharks . Hope to see you in Fort Wayne in 29 or 30 days!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L

Hope to see you in Fort Wayne in 29 or 30 days!

Mark

Easy for you to say. You walk out your front door, take a couple steps, make a right, take about 10 more steps, and you are in Spring Zing. I will probably arrive with a burned out cc module, an achy left leg, and needing a brand new oil change !!!

XL

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

Mark

XL

I know, but I've gotta make a stand for Spring Zing. Who would wanna come to another Spring Zing that me and Jim organize if this one wasn't a big hit? If I can "persuade" an extra 10... 15.... 50 people to come, then it'll sure be a good time.. The more the marrier!! I know it's not about the money though, I can tell.. You've either got some deep pockets, some high balance credit cards, or some pissed off loan sharks . Hope to see you in Fort Wayne in 29 or 30 days!

Mark

I'm going to SZ because Jim organized it... what did you do again, Mark?? "Resident nut cracker sweet organizer??" I'm asking for it.. I know...

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Quote:

Do it but you wont be able to drive around. with those tires you will bend a rim within a week.

Buncha BS. I love when people spread misinformation like that. There are plenty of us running 215's on our Cougar's and I put 215 and 225's on customer cars every day.

Quote:

Anyways, if they can fit a Civic, you can bet your fine dollar they will fit my Conty!!!

That's a new Civic, where they revised the wheel wells. Pre-99 Civic's could only fit 19" wheels.

As a side note, I've fit 20's to my Cougar as has Craig (and I think we have larger wheel wells that ya'll). But, we both still had to cut metal to get the clearance for turning. Also note, that 42mm offset might not be enough, depending on your brake setup. (Btw, you WILL need bigger brakes to stop 20's). Offset is a factor of width, 42mm does not clear across-the-board, just ask me about my 19x9/19x10 setup.

E1

Edit: I hope it works man, I think it'll look hot. Just wanted you to be aware of what you're getting into. It was a 2 month project for us, and we've been selling wheels and tires for 12 years, too...

Last edited by EternalOne; 04/20/05 07:31 PM.

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by LilStripedRocket:
I'm going to SZ because Jim organized it... what did you do again, Mark?? "Resident nut cracker sweet organizer??" I'm asking for it.. I know...

I haven't done a thing, I just wanna take credit for it all .. LOL!!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard