Print Thread
#
#245 Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
#
I found a vacuum leak but not sure what is. Here are the details:
1998 SVT 79,000 miles (new short block at 62k)
My CEL is giving me the code for large emission leak PO455. I checked the vent hole in the gas cap area and found a spider web in it which I cleared, (also bought a new gas cap) I did the 4-11 fuse trick cleared and reset the computer. CEL PO455 persists but only when temp is above 50 and climbing, as it did not happen this past winter, but did happen last fall, and has returned this spring.
So I found a vacuum leak coming from the EVR. The lines which come from the intake manifold in a boot which makes a 90 and turns down, some go to the EVR. These are red lines. Now there is a severed yellow line same size as the 2 red ones. The yellow line is the leaking one because it's severed. It's not too loud but loud enough. Now for all the experts what is this vacuum line? I looked in my contour workshop manual, page 303-01B-230 regarding the DPFE, EGR, and EVR but I can't see the other end of the yellow vacuum line so I have no idea what it goes to. Any advice? Again it is coming from the intake to the EVR.
Thanks

Jack - 98 CSVT #245
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I'll take a look in the morning. I was just working in there last weekend. Shows how good my memory is !
Sean

'99 Silver SVT Contour (2000 miles since June, now needs new front brakes and bearings) '98 CBR900RR Again (Put away for the winter)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard