Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
My anti-lock brake light came on......I believe it was after a rear spring swap.....any suggestions??

Do you need any more info. to help me trouble shoot this problem????

Brake lines were just flushed, etc.....before the rear spring swap.

thanks in advance for your help!!

slingersvt

98 T-Red CSVT
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Did you maybe whack the ABS sensor or pinch the wiring during the intstall? Only way to check an ABS code I think is at the dealer so you wouldn't even know what side to look at...

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
so I stopped at a brake shop...here's the scoop:

1.) $30.00 to pull the codes for me on the anti-lock brake light

2.) $98.00 to do full diagnostic on the brakes and tell me exactly what it is.

So, based on the fact that I just had my rear springs swapped along with option #1....do you think you guys could help my sort this out????....Or do I break out the K-Y and let them do a # on me????

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks, slingersvt

98 T-Red CSVT
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Start by going back over the work you just did. See if you messed up anything on the rear ABS sensors. Did you accidently cut a wire? Leave a connector loose? Whack a sensor and noticably damage it? ETC?

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
I did the swap for him and Mikey Boy and other than unhook the wiring from the struts for their removal, I didn't unhook anything or pull any wires.

I couldn't think of anything that would have necessarily made the light come on from the swap itself.

Mike, about the only final thought I had was that you might check continuity of the wires on the driver side sensor between the sensor and the plug under the seat. IIRC, that side was a little snug getting it in and out of the grommet on the strut.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard