Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The headers are on but I have not installed the UIM, once that is done then I can show yo the fix, but remember it will be a plastic oval port manifold, but the theory is the same.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Stazi:
It's what us Aussie call you Brits: POME's! Prisoners of Mother-England

off topic
I know Aussies call us poms but never knew what the works meant!! Now i do,ps,England WILL win the Ashes this year

back on topic

look forward to the details when you have these fitted,whats the best supplier for these?(price and availabilty)
thanks

Mondeo V6 RS RS Bodykit RS Lowered SVT UIM SVT TB SVT LIM Philips 6000K HID ZENON Twin Stainless Exhaust
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
PM Austin - aka akrump47. He just bought a set.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
cheers dude

Mondeo V6 RS RS Bodykit RS Lowered SVT UIM SVT TB SVT LIM Philips 6000K HID ZENON Twin Stainless Exhaust
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Mondeo V6 - Did you know that you're set up not to accept private messages?

Anyways - I got the headers from Custom Cougars.com You may want to call first to see how many they have still in stock. There were 13 sets left when I ordered a few weeks back, with new shipments expected 60 days or so after that.

The price was $375 shipped

Also, you may be able to find them slightly cheaper on ebay from what some have posted here.

I cannot comment on fitment and such, as they are going in when I take my car to Stazi for the trans pull.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I was thinking about the whole EGR thing, and couldnt you just use the pipe from a cougar? Wouldnt that solve the lenth issue? Just thinking.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Many thanks for the reply-i'll edit my prefs now(didn't know it was set like that )

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by tropictour:
I was thinking about the whole EGR thing, and couldnt you just use the pipe from a cougar? Wouldnt that solve the lenth issue? Just thinking.
-tropictour

That has been thought of, since they have 2 differnet types of egr tubes. They actually come up shorter than ours. Since we need to lengthen ours tha twould be pointless to get one. So that is out of the question. Even though tha t was the first thing i thought of also.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Didnt Eric from TN. but the cougar pipe and fit it to his Weapon R's????

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Mkingracing:
Originally posted by tropictour:
-tropictour

That has been thought of, since they have 2 differnet types of egr tubes. They actually come up shorter than ours. Since we need to lengthen ours tha twould be pointless to get one. So that is out of the question. Even though tha t was the first thing i thought of also.

I dont' get it. Cougar has the same 2.5L V6 as a contour. Same engine = same heads = same LIM = same UIM = same EGR valve location, how is the cougar EGR different than the contour? If anything, how is it shorter? It seems that the distance it would have to travel from the UIM to the header location would be the same

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard