Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
P
P
Originally posted by Mondeo V6:
Custom Cougars and SP Motorsports haven't replied to my emails-are there any US suppliers that will ship to England,UK?

Try AutocraftSVE in the UK, they ship in from CC

200 Estate, 220 engine built and ready to fit, someone give me the time to swap them!!!! Alloy 220 inlets for sale, pm me.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Well I got my headers here today. They look easily as good as my MSDS headers were insofar as construction quality. Even better, the welding flash is already ground off on the inside of the headers so that they are smooth. My MSDS headers had pieces of MIG welding wire sticking up inside that I had to grind out when I got them. These look very good and the welds don't look bad at all to me. The gauge of the metal looks thicker than the MSDS headers to me as well. The y-pipe looks pretty good too!

I have no idea what the bitching is about!

Oh yeah, I got them for $385 shipped through Deepstage Motorsports in Killeen Texas, but I don't know if that price is for everyone since I did so much business through them. It might be obtainable in a group buy.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
O
OB1 Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Mkingracing:
Now the Cougar EGR tube, wellsir, I thought it would be longer, too. That was a $45 mistake. Don't bother with it. There are 3 or 4 different part #'s for 2000-2002 Cougar v6 EGR tubes. The one I bought was the exact same as the tube on my v6.

That's because you bought the wrong tube.

Yes there are 3 part numbers for the Cougar.

99 and some very early 2000. (Old EGR valve)

The rest of 2000 and very early 2001. (New EGR valve and old pipe placement)

The rest of 2001 & on. (New EGR & new pipe placement)

You want the last revision. It should be as simple as that.

Does anyone know the part # for the new EGR tube?

I don't "mod" I just fix what breaks! 98 CSVT #2527 T-Red (Limping) 98 CSVT #2228 T-Red (Donor) 98 SE Sport ATX V6 (Running again) If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me!
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Obie1:

checkout the first link of the last post. there you can find both motorcraft and ford part numbers

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
O
OB1 Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by my csvt:

checkout the first link of the last post. there you can find both motorcraft and ford part numbers

I mean Which one of these is the one that will fit with the headers, that you won't have to extend, or am I confused and they all will be too short

I don't "mod" I just fix what breaks! 98 CSVT #2527 T-Red (Limping) 98 CSVT #2228 T-Red (Donor) 98 SE Sport ATX V6 (Running again) If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

I mean Which one of these is the one that will fit with the headers, that you won't have to extend, or am I confused and they all will be too short

I think its the cougar 02+ EGR pipe. I think DemonSVT mentioned a few posts up that the 02+ pipe should be longer. Ive been meaning to get over to a Mercury dealer and check the length.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by tropictour:

I think its the cougar 02+ EGR pipe. I think DemonSVT mentioned a few posts up that the 02+ pipe should be longer. Ive been meaning to get over to a Mercury dealer and check the length.
-tropictour

Please do that, we need confirmation. ChattaVegasSE installed these headers & NONE of the EGR tubes he picked up worked. He ended up doing the compression fitting thingy.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by tropictour:

-tropictour

Please do that, we need confirmation. ChattaVegasSE installed these headers & NONE of the EGR tubes he picked up worked. He ended up doing the compression fitting thingy.

........did anyone ever get anywere with this???? my WR headers showed up yesterday....i'll have the engine out of the car so if i need to fab something its not a huge deal...but i'd rather just buy a OEM part...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard