Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I think in the later years something changedwith the EGR pipe.

Honestly, all this fuss about a stupid pipe is over the top. Anyone with some sort of enginuity can work around it!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I think what everyone is getting at is what i said-the pipe must just be longer so go and buy one rather than hack the original and faff around joining it! The engine is the same,the UIM from where the EGR bolts is the same so the only thing different MUST be the EGR pipe. ie,go and buy the correct EGR pipe(later version) and it will all just bolt up.That's what i figure anyway!!!!!

Mondeo V6 RS RS Bodykit RS Lowered SVT UIM SVT TB SVT LIM Philips 6000K HID ZENON Twin Stainless Exhaust
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Originally posted by Mkingracing:
Originally posted by tropictour:
I was thinking about the whole EGR thing, and couldnt you just use the pipe from a cougar? Wouldnt that solve the lenth issue? Just thinking.
-tropictour

That has been thought of, since they have 2 differnet types of egr tubes. They actually come up shorter than ours. Since we need to lengthen ours tha twould be pointless to get one. So that is out of the question. Even though tha t was the first thing i thought of also.

I dont' get it. Cougar has the same 2.5L V6 as a contour. Same engine = same heads = same LIM = same UIM = same EGR valve location, how is the cougar EGR different than the contour? If anything, how is it shorter? It seems that the distance it would have to travel from the UIM to the header location would be the same

From Chattegeres who did this mod a year ago send me all the information needed to do this. And after his research this is wha the wrote me.

First off, no problem. Now the Cougar EGR tube, wellsir, I thought it would be longer, too. That was a $45 mistake. Don't bother with it. There are 3 or 4 different part #'s for 2000-2002 Cougar v6 EGR tubes. The one I bought was the exact same as the tube on my v6. It was a whole lot easier to cut the tube and put in that compression fitting to lengthen the tube.

Sorry i was wrong it isn't shorter it is the same length. My fault.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Mkingracing:
Now the Cougar EGR tube, wellsir, I thought it would be longer, too. That was a $45 mistake. Don't bother with it. There are 3 or 4 different part #'s for 2000-2002 Cougar v6 EGR tubes. The one I bought was the exact same as the tube on my v6.

That's because you bought the wrong tube.

Yes there are 3 part numbers for the Cougar.

99 and some very early 2000. (Old EGR valve)

The rest of 2000 and very early 2001. (New EGR valve and old pipe placement)

The rest of 2001 & on. (New EGR & new pipe placement)

You want the last revision. It should be as simple as that.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Its as easy as this:

$3.00, 5/8" compression fitting from Home Depot, two minutes with a pipe cutter, one minute tightening it with a wrench. EGR problem solved. I don't see why is everyone making such a big deal over the EGR issue.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Mondeo V6:
,whats the best supplier for these?(price and availabilty)
thanks

Customcougars.com was the cheapest after shipping that I could find. There were cheaper sets on ebay, but the shipping charges were outragous on some of them. IIRC, CC.com said they just got a large shipment in. They also had them here in 2 days.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Jason43:
Originally posted by Mondeo V6:
,whats the best supplier for these?(price and availabilty)
thanks

Customcougars.com was the cheapest after shipping that I could find. There were cheaper sets on ebay, but the shipping charges were outragous on some of them. IIRC, CC.com said they just got a large shipment in. They also had them here in 2 days.

http://www.sromagazine.com/shop/productlisting40-7774.html

362.00 shipped

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Between customer service and the quickness of shipping I'd stick ith custom cougars. I can vouch or 'em since those are my headers in the pic.

Not only that but we know that the ones from Custom Cougars website are the newwest ones as far as updates are concerned.

Spend the extra $12.00 or the security and piece of mind.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Bk4293:
Between customer service and the quickness of shipping I'd stick ith custom cougars. I can vouch or 'em since those are my headers in the pic.

Not only that but we know that the ones from Custom Cougars website are the newwest ones as far as updates are concerned.

Spend the extra $12.00 or the security and piece of mind.

Actually the compnay i showed is all out of stock just sold 50 of them since january.

Now custom cougars is the choice, but there headers are not polished like others i have seen or are they??

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
The headers I got from them were polished. The y-pipe wasn't. Didn't matter to me anyways since they are out of sight.

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard