Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PDXSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Maybe I'll get my car back today? Monday? Tuesday? I dropped my rig at the shop around 3/1, and I've since been driving a slushbox loaner that must have been a living room sofa in a prior life.

But for those of you locally that saw my parts closet (aka trunk), the loose quaife went with my transaxle to Terry Haines for install (finally) along with new synchros, shift tower, shift forks. Toby's Spec clutch and UR flywheel went in, along with pole120's poly'd rear roll resistor, an ES insert front roll resistor, and a PF torque strut that was gathering dust. While the subframe, steering rack and transaxle were out, the shop mgr calls me and says he noticed the headers in my trunk, so did I want those installed while there was all that open access in my engine bay...

Though my secondaries are gummed up and maybe screwing with my IMRC, I'm interested in a summer meet at Woodburn or PIR, or maybe a dyno day before too long.

Marty, got your headers in?
Shotwell, how are your synchros?
Qbert, any new mods to your Focus?
SleeperZ, your nitrous bottle has us all beat.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Well you sure are getting alot done.

The Quaife/Clutch/Flywheel is probably the best mod to be done to the car, I love mine (although my setup is a bit diferent and on a Zetec).

Originally posted by PDXSVT:

SleeperZ, your nitrous bottle has us all beat.

Just wait till the PnP'ed head (with a bump in compression) & racing header goes on. (Thanks to 96Mercury).

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
My synchros are almost a dead issue. Car is still sitting in the garage. No end in sight.

Since I moved back up here nearly every expense has increased dramatically, while my paycheck has not increased one penny. No raise in sight either. Gasoline prices aren't helping. It's looking like I'm going to have to move into a smaller house. Hell, I'm thinking of moving into a crappy trailer park so I can save money to BUY a house.

...must...not...rant...

I'm also in full SELL mode on eBay, so your stuff will actually go up sometime this year.

Congrats on your car. You'll have to learn to drive it again, but you'll find it's much better.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Right on! Sounds like it'll be great when you get it back! My headers are both bolted up, and will hopefully be done today! I need to tap out one of the O2 sensor holes, as the sensor won't thread in. Then I just need to put the Y-pipe, cat and some other parts back in. We should have a summer meet at PIR for one of the driving schools this summer!

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard