Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Bypassing the infamous amplifier.. and don't understand what going on. 1 of the 2 connectors that goes to the amp doesn't match with the one end of the by pass harness. I got this one.

Someone, please enlighten what the hell is up with this, no BS please... just a quick answer. Thank you very much.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T

OKay.. more info

This is the harness that goes to the amplifier, power, lead, etc.

This is the harness that goes to the amplifier for the speakers, containing teh 8 little wires

THis harness is just chillin back there... don't know what it's for, so I took a pic of it anyways.

Pic of the two amplifier harness connecotrs together

This is teh harness that goes to the HU

Here is the other harness (the speakers) that goes to the HU

Pic of the amplifier

PIc of the bypass harness.. the radio wire harnes is to the left of the bypass harness

Alright, plerase don't say, search, blah blah blah. Cause I have, and I'm not understanding. Everyone says the bypass harness is "plug and play". I don't get it. There is no harness that came with the metra 70-*** kit that fits this tiny harness... wtf do I do??? PLEASE help me.

WHo ever helps me real quick, get a couple beers on me at SZ if you go... I'm desprate.!!!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Good luck getting this figured out. I was under the assumption everything would be plug and play with the harness' I bought.

That was not the case...

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
You have to go and buy the connectors, I install my Sony and had to get a different connector. 10 bucks or so

1999 Mystique Sport 2nd owner bought it in Sept 03
120000km 4 door, leather, loaded pics on cardomain, coatsy
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Apparently Ford was not too consistant about the connectors that go to the amplifier, Yet, there is only one bypass harness made. For some, it is a simple plug and play, for others like you, and myself, you have to do some splicing (8 wires)
What you need to do is take these 8 wires (the speaker wires coming from the HU.....

And tap them into the right half of this harness(the half of the harness that would plug into the connector that originally went into the right side of the amplifier.

So cut this harness in half and forget about the left half of the harness.....

And then splice them into the the wires coming from the back of the head unit.. You will have to add a couple feet of speaker wire in between.

Make sense?

And did my bud simon give you a hookup on the harness?

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I wouldn't splice it, go to a stereo shop and show them your connector the wide one, they will gie you the necessary adapter you require, the place I went had about 10,000 of them on a wall for all sorts of cars and stereos. Splicing is too much of a headache..

1999 Mystique Sport 2nd owner bought it in Sept 03
120000km 4 door, leather, loaded pics on cardomain, coatsy
T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
They were out of them at audio trends.. oh well

OKay, so I am going to cut the "bypass" harness in half. I won't utilize the one half that fits nothing, correct?

Alright, now, I plug the one half of the bypass harness into the one connector that "fits". I will then chop off the other harness under the glove box that I have to connecotr for, and slice it into the now mutulated harness? Correct?

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
hold on..... going outside to take pictures....

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C

Ok, can you see what I'm talking about here??? On the right side you can see the connector that was plugged into the right side of the factory amp (output to speakers)...

Next you see the bypass harness cut in half and plugged into that ouput plug.

Then spliced into that, you see my extension wires... those go up to the back of the HU and splice into the wires coming out of the square (speaker) connector..
Its simple, its just a matter of matching up the colors. I would show you teh back of my radio but instead of the wires being routed there, they go to my 4 channel amp in the back.

everything clear now??

T
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
T
AHHHHH crystal!! Thanks a bunch man!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard