Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Pre98 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I'm pretty sure I'll cough up cash for the dyno runs at SZ. What sort of numbers should I expect to see on the dyno? I'm looking for input from people who have tuned their cars or otherwise have the dyno plots from their car(s).

I do have a problem, I have a freaking CEL that is of another story but most likely that's stealing some power away from my car. The code is for a broken up (inefficient) cat converter. Hopefully the 02 sensor changes that.. if not, I'll have to replace the cat and flex pipe; gut the precats too while I'm at it. Anyways..

I have a small list of performance mods. I've listed them below.

CAI coupled to SVT TB
Trubendz Exhaust, no muffler, dual and resonated.
9mm ignition wires. (I guess they count?)
Duratec/atx

Any ideas? I'm hoping it's given me SOME gains. Lately I'm wondering if I'm much more of a match than how the car was when I got it

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
at the wheels??? i'd guess at around....100 or so ...i guess that means you dont need that exhaust anymore

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
i really dont think changing ur rear o2 is gonna do anything for u, but dont take me for my word,

besides with the smell of rotten eggs that ur car gives off i can gurantee u taht ur cat is done for , and if ur gonna replace it go with a highflow one u can find em cheaper than OEM parts and i know some ppl that weld if u need it

yes with the catt being bad u will lose alot of power, meaning ur dyno will prolly be worthless if u dont change it by then and that holding it off is causing danger to ur car

with less than 50k on ur car its kinda odd that the catt is bad already , but it happens, unless it was a defect there could be other reasons y it went bad, IE running rich is one main reasons

hope u have fun at spring zing, but i dont think ull be satisfied with ur dyno numbers with a bad catt

1997 30th Anniversary SS,Jethotts/ORY/GMMG, 160thermo, ,TB bypass, 1LE intake elbow, BMR STB, 32mmswaybar..21mm rear,BMR LCAs, PR,SFCs,TA,LT4 KM,255lph, shift kit

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard