Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

is the performance worth it? hell yes.

That's what I'm hoping for. Stazi's putting my headers in in about a week and a half. I've already got the Borla cat back and the free flow cat and y-pipe from SP Motorsports. I guess we'll see what happens--better be good.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Well I answered one question, so maybe I can get an answer to mine. As I stated, I have MSDS Headers + y-pipe, Bassani catback and a Magnaflow resonator. Im most likely going to buy the Trubendz SS test pipe to put in place of my main cat.

Will the Magnaflow Resonator be enough to keep the car from rasping if I have the test pipe in? What kind of top end power can I expect with a decently modded 3.0L Hybrid?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Awesome, good responses, thank you. The car has full stock exhaust right now, only looking at the headers right now for sure because of the gains, and if it sounds good with the stock exhaust just louder, that's perfect... if it gets raspy, it will need to dissapear, so what would you suggest at that point to take the rasp out of it if that were to happen?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You may be OK, and without a cat you should gain a bit more up top for sure.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Magnaflow Resonator FO SHO! PM Stazi for a price quote, as he has part #'s pretty much memorized now.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

That's what I'm hoping for. Stazi's putting my headers in in about a week and a half. I've already got the Borla cat back and the free flow cat and y-pipe from SP Motorsports. I guess we'll see what happens--better be good.

well i can say at altitude i can chirp my 1-2 shifts (a good solid chirp) with 3 people in the car that definitely was not possible before (altitude takes away about 4-6%HP per thousand feet, im at roughly 5600ft.)

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
the headers will give u a louder deeper more defined tone , not to mention a nice power gain

its not really the headers that causes the raspyness ,its teh type of muffler/resonator/chamber that u use and how high flowing it is,

most cars not running catts will be raspy

1997 30th Anniversary SS,Jethotts/ORY/GMMG, 160thermo, ,TB bypass, 1LE intake elbow, BMR STB, 32mmswaybar..21mm rear,BMR LCAs, PR,SFCs,TA,LT4 KM,255lph, shift kit
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
Well I suppose my question can be answered here aswell. I have a full Tru-bendz SS 2.5 inch cat-back and Tru-bendz SS y-pipe. I also have the strait pipe, meaning no cat. But I have the stock manifolds on the car. I would like to put the MSDS headers on but I'm worried about the noise getting any louder than it already is. Anyone with similar setup would be most helpful. Thanks

I have MSDS Headers and a Trubendz cat back with the magnaflow muffler. I have no resonators and I just made a kitty delete pipe. I haven't got the exhaust back from coating yet so I can't comment on the note yet. When I was test fitting it, I started the car up to check for leaks etc. From what I rememeber the car was no louder at idle then before with the cat. On the road under load will be the real test.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

You'll be happy, don't worry. Can't wait to see your car this summer.

Originally posted by LUCA:
Yep. You can be Phil too if you'd like.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
well i have the stock svt exhaust with a sho shop y pipe...test pipe,and gutted cats and mines raspy above 3800 rpms,cold or hot.....

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard