Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Any idea's on cost to replace a rod? I threw it on Saturday night just after finishing up on the "donut" for my exhaust. I was excited, so I took the car out for a "spin" (actually my buddy was driving). next thing you know the car is a knockin like crazy. So we shut her down at home and everything was still in tact, the engine knocks at about 4000 RPM but not at idle!? Any ideas to what this could actually be if it is not a rod? I would appreciate any feedback, or at least point me in the right direction. How was everyone's weekend? Hope to talk to you.

Sean

No more CSVT 3L 2000 Lincoln LS V6 5-speed Silver Frost, dark gray leather Sport Package Rollin' 17's, 6-disc Alpine
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Sorry to hear that man. You're in bad shape if it's a rod knock. You really need to do a rebuild or new engine at this point. You "might" try changing out the rod bearing in the car and it could give you a little bit of time, but it's no real fix for sure. Personally I'd suggest a 3L upgrade at this time. Try contacting the guys at www.Arizonadynochip.com Shawn or Keith can get you some pricing.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
That totally sucks man! I'm sorry you have to deal with this! I know blackcoog does some 3L engine swaps up here in the cities, you might want to pm him and see fi he has any advice or suggestions. Goodluck man!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Hey, thanks for feeling my pain. Though things could be worse I'm sure. Thanks for the information too, I do appreciate it. I don't even know where to begin with everything, I'm not completely mechanically savvy (learning as I go) so we will see, I'm sure the process could take some time. Hopefully I will post with some better news here soon.

Thanks Again,

Sean

No more CSVT 3L 2000 Lincoln LS V6 5-speed Silver Frost, dark gray leather Sport Package Rollin' 17's, 6-disc Alpine
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Sorry to hear about this, I would guess it would be a bad bearing.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
i feel for you too man..thats sucks..

Mike 1999 Ford Contour SE 2.0 Zetec Silver Frost/midnight blue CTA intake 35% tint all around Plasma Blue backup bulbs 130,000 miles/100k on the engine www.cardomain.com/memberpage/483494
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
diagnosed the problem last night. Spun a bearing on cylinder #1. Still no metal ion the dipstick, we are going to drop the pan on Saturday and see what we see. I forsee a 3L in my near future. Thanks again for the help Buckshot! I do appreciate it...arizona dyno is gonna get back to me about a chip!?

See you all after the project is finito!!

Sean

Link Copied to Clipboard