Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ArizonaDynoChip:
Well I was curious as to how you were buying these pistons WITH WRIST PINS AND RINGS for a lot less than what I could even get them for so I called my buddy over at Diamond. He says that your $640 is just for the pistons themselfs. He says no sales person except for one that is no longer with the company would ever sell pistons, wrist pins, and rings for that price to anyone.

Originally posted by svtProdigy:
why are people acting like this price will never come around? I do not get it..I got quoted $640 for everything for my 3 liter from diamond.

Originally it was $560 before january last year. I called after January and the prices went up significantly. The new price that i received was $640 with wrist pins and rings for 9:1 compression. When I was on the phone and teased them with my instant buy(quick buck) they jumped all over it. They also said 13 days which was balogni.. You can call any of their dealers. You guys should get them for about $86 a piston + rings and pins $21= about $107/piston. or maybe its the enthusiasm i present on the phone for people to throw me deals but thats what the price was. I always ask" Is that the best you can do" I always get a discount with that question. No matter where i go.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Prodigy,
Thank you for your interest in OUR group buy. Please start your own at this time if you feel you are able to provide member of this board with a better price.

Best regards,
Shawn
Arizona Dyno Chip

Well I was curious as to how you were buying these pistons WITH WRIST PINS AND RINGS for a lot less than what I could even get them for so I called my buddy over at Diamond. He says that your $640 is just for the pistons themselfs. He says no sales person except for one that is no longer with the company would ever sell pistons, wrist pins, and rings for that price to anyone.

why are people acting like this price will never come around? I do not get it..I got quoted $640 for everything for my 3 liter from diamond.

Originally it was $560 before january last year. I called after January and the prices went up significantly. The new price that i received was $640 with wrist pins and rings for 9:1 compression. When I was on the phone and teased them with my instant buy(quick buck) they jumped all over it. They also said 13 days which was balogni.. You can call any of their dealers. You guys should get them for about $86 a piston + rings and pins $21= about $107/piston. or maybe its the enthusiasm i present on the phone for people to throw me deals but thats what the price was. I always ask" Is that the best you can do" I always get a discount with that question. No matter where i go.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Prodigy,
Thank you for your interest in OUR group buy. Please start your own at this time if you feel you are able to provide member of this board with a better price.

Best regards,
Shawn
Arizona Dyno Chip

Hey its really no that big of a differance in price..sheesh..($46) Don't mean to step on any toes. Just trying to give the latest info. You could make money off the info i just gave you. Your price you charge should not change do to the time you are putting in to this for other people.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
I think Shawn may have seen this as a WTF statement. I actually followed up on this with Diamond as well and they wanted to know the name of the salesman who told you that price. Diamond tells me that was the one off piston only price. Perhaps there was a communication error between you and the salesman.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Well doesn't look like I can do both motor and turbo in one year. Would it hurt the car to drive with 9:1 without turbo?

99 CSVT-Tropic Green - MSDS Headers, Trubenz Catback, Sho-shop Y-pipe, K&N with Mirko connector, Mirko Splitter, Superchip, Pillar & Guages, Aussie Sun Shade.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
not if you tune it...And you might be able to get away with out it...But that would cost you another $600 so you might as well save up.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by warmonger:

For autocross type of racing where you need to be in and out of the throttle you wouldn't want a low compression motor. You'd be decelerating and then when you needed to punch on a little throttle you wouldn't have that instant response that you are looking for.
In this case I'd suggest 9.5:1 up to stock 10:1 with a low pressure turbo application like what I run (not that I race). This is what I did: At 10:1 with 7 psi, a decent tune, a cheaper priced turbo and your basic performance mods done to intake and exhaust, you're looking at 300 wHP no sweat; on 91 octane even.

So you'd say 10:1 would work well in conjunction with 7 psi, like i would get from the Vortech? Could this be done (well) without an engine computer augmentation (i.e. chip)?

1999 Cougar V6 MTX Borla stainless, dual exhuast ST200 struts, rear strut tower brace Roush springs, rear sway bar, bodykit Steeda Tri/X, Powerslot rotors, Falken Ziex 512 Awaiting install: GMK CAI
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by SoopaCooga:
Originally posted by warmonger:

For autocross type of racing where you need to be in and out of the throttle you wouldn't want a low compression motor. You'd be decelerating and then when you needed to punch on a little throttle you wouldn't have that instant response that you are looking for.
In this case I'd suggest 9.5:1 up to stock 10:1 with a low pressure turbo application like what I run (not that I race). This is what I did: At 10:1 with 7 psi, a decent tune, a cheaper priced turbo and your basic performance mods done to intake and exhaust, you're looking at 300 wHP no sweat; on 91 octane even.

So you'd say 10:1 would work well in conjunction with 7 psi, like i would get from the Vortech? Could this be done (well) without an engine computer augmentation (i.e. chip)?

No.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard