Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
Originally posted by fastcougar:
I was in on the last GB and I meant to change my order last minute and didn't in time, so I have 9.5:1 3L .5mm overbore pistons and I need 8.5:1 3L .5mm overbore instead since I'm planning on a little bit more boost than originally planned. So, put me down for a set:

3L engine
8.5:1 CR
.5mm overbore

I am pretty sure you can Send your pistons back and have them redesign them for the compression you want. assuming from what i have heard you want lower compression so that means taking material off. Call them and see. Might save you time and money...good luck

Me and a good friend are going to be doing our buildups together to save money when buying parts & aquiring services. I got started before him and got in on the first group buy. My plans for the car have changed to be track specific ... before, I had planned to running the car NA for about 1+ year(s) while I saved for the ADC kit. I have since "reallocated" some funds and have decided to do the turbo first. Since I won't need to wait, no need for the higher CR. Fortuneately for my friend, I don't have a deadline for my buildup and he does, so I am swapping my pistons/torsen for a set of Pauter rods + cash difference.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
We are the only ones so far? Come on people ... this is an AWESOME price!!!

FastCougar = 3L/9:1/.5mm overbore
303GreenDestiny = 3L/9:1/no overbore specified
DanCanuck = thinking about it ... still needs to respond

Last edited by fastcougar; 04/14/05 05:26 PM.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by fastcougar:
We are the only ones so far? Come on people ... this is an AWESOME price!!!

FastCougar = 3L/9:1/.5mm overbore
303GreenDestiny = 3L/9:1/no overbore specified
DanCanuck = thinking about it ... still needs to respond

If I had $705 and a $800 3L, I'd be in too.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Just waiting on at least a couple more people. Let me know guys.

E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
I was all over the last GB on these, so I don't need a set, but its a great price and I'm suprised that more ppl aren't all over this.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
#1231874 04/16/05 07:32 PM
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by EternalOne:
I was all over the last GB on these, so I don't need a set, but it�s a great price and I'm surprised that more people aren't all over this.

E1

Ditto!!

I have another engine that I need to re-build so I could use another set. Unfortunately, I can't afford to re-build two engines at the same time.

The Original Owner of 1998 SVT Contour #3384 of 6535, Toreador Red/Midnight Blue, Assembled September 3rd, 1997 Also the Original Owner of a 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, Vibrant White/Greystone Sport Cloth, Assembled August 6th, 1998
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
why are people acting like this price will never come around? I do not get it..I got quoted $640 for everything for my 3 liter from diamond.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Well I was curious as to how you were buying these pistons WITH WRIST PINS AND RINGS for a lot less than what I could even get them for so I called my buddy over at Diamond. He says that your $640 is just for the pistons themselfs. He says no sales person except for one that is no longer with the company would ever sell pistons, wrist pins, and rings for that price to anyone.

Originally posted by svtProdigy:
why are people acting like this price will never come around? I do not get it..I got quoted $640 for everything for my 3 liter from diamond.

A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Well doesnt look like we sparked much interest here. I am going to put the order in soon so please send me an email of which pistons you would like.

Shawn@arizonadynochip.com

Thanks

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Email sent to you Shawn.

dan

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard