Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Richy B:
As far as the underbody neon kits from StreetGlow I believe is a good investment

Now, to each their own, and I've certainly seen cars that look good with some underbody neon, but I don't think I could really call it a good investment..

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by ottawanker:
As far as the underbody neon kits from StreetGlow I believe is a good investment

Now, to each their own, and I've certainly seen cars that look good with some underbody neon, but I don't think I could really call it a good investment..

Better investment then the light up windshield washer caps lol.

96 Contour Clarion VRX935VD My Car
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by stylin550:
They serve one purpose, to let everyone know the person driving the car is openly gay. But i guess some people just put them on because they are cool.

oh man, that made me laugh hard

95 Contour GL MTX stock, no money AIM: Andy The Wicked
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by ottawanker:

Yeah, no kidding. I did blue LEDs because I find the blue lights to be pleasing. They look stock, and are a cleaner, brighter light than the green. Lights on the outside of a car are not my bag. Underbody lights are not my thing at all, but if you do show cars, you can make them look good. There is nothing good about LED WW nozzles.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C

As far as the underbody neon kits from StreetGlow I believe
is a good investment and I am getting a nice set soon. And
yes they do look like crap when you can't/don't hide the bulbs.

I have the LED Kit and actually took 2 days to install it, I drilled holes and custom brackets into the side skirts and into the bottom of the bumpers.

The hard part is running all the wires through the undercarriage...brake lines worked the best...but LED = 100% better than Neon...as neon breaks within 2 weeks.

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by CSVT985:

As far as the underbody neon kits from StreetGlow I believe
is a good investment and I am getting a nice set soon. And
yes they do look like crap when you can't/don't hide the bulbs.

I have the LED Kit and actually took 2 days to install it, I drilled holes and custom brackets into the side skirts and into the bottom of the bumpers.

The hard part is running all the wires through the undercarriage...brake lines worked the best...but LED = 100% better than Neon...as neon breaks within 2 weeks.

I like LED's for their style and different types of patterns but i don't like how they lay more of a line of light rather than glowing such as neons do. I've been back and forward over LED vs. neon and i'm still debating.

~Alex

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by CarpePoon:

Here they all are put together...

the little dot-like things on the trunklid are in fact LED washer nozzles taking place for where the factory wing was, man did i have pitty on this poor mustang's soul.

This car needs some TLC BADLY by a owner who isn't a moron.

~Alex

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Seriously, our washer nozzles suck. They spray everywhere but on the windshield, especially if you aren't moving. I want to put some in (NOT LEDs) that have metal nozzles you can aim - anyone retrofitted any? Suggestions?

Steven '98.5 SVT DMD, K&N, Magnaflow res, Falcon floormats, electrochomatic rearview mirror and other little goodies
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by ssolomo:
Seriously, our washer nozzles suck. They spray everywhere but on the windshield, especially if you aren't moving. I want to put some in (NOT LEDs) that have metal nozzles you can aim - anyone retrofitted any? Suggestions?

Agreed, at a stoplight mine spray the sunroof. But at highway speed the work perfectly.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard