Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Actually not to hard to do either.

I live in the twin cities and I've never paid before pumping gas. However there have been a few occasions were after a certain time at some gas stations you had to go in and pay before pumping, but theres only like 3 places I can think of off the top of my head that do that.

So what is the update on this thing? Did you get the guy or what?

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
"being 90 some cents a gallon...."

Gass was under a dollar 4 or 5 years ago abet for a very short period of time.

That was when I had my Caddy (and could afford the single digit MPG). Ahh $25 to fill a 25 gallon tank... Now I pay $25 to fill a 14 or so gallon tank.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by mystique97:
...They should make pumps where it has a money slot so it locks the nozzle in until you put money in and if you put in to much it gives you change or something and if you put in to little it'll stop at the amount you put in the machine, that would be kinda cool.

yeh, about half the places in LA have that

95 Contour GL MTX stock, no money AIM: Andy The Wicked
R
rthoman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by SHOTIME2669:

So what is the update on this thing? Did you get the guy or what?

Will be a few weeks, but he(onwer of the car/plate) will be getting letter from the district justice...

98.5 SE 2.5L MTX - TruBendz Borla, Green Filter, SVT F/R Bumpers, E1's 95 SE 2.5 MTX - Full SVT Body w/Mirko, GC + Konis, Omp, KKM, SVT pipes, E1's, Paint Mods/Pics
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by rthoman:

Will be a few weeks, but he(onwer of the car/plate) will be getting letter from the district justice...

... and then the [censored] will hit the fan.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
we used to have pumps like that around here. yeeeears ago. but for obvious reasons they stopped doing that. hell, there are very few places around here where you can still find stations that pump the gas for you; mostly in rich areas. there are basically three ways to pay here. you can walk in, hand the clerk a $20 and say $15 on number 4 and get your change (or go for all $20). if you fill up and are due change, you have to walk back inside and get your change. (not good for a city hell bent on being in a hurry for everything).
using plastic can bring two scenarios: you can walk in and swipe the card and say $15 on number 4 and itll work like cash. this is basically the same as paying at the pump. you can insert your card, put in your pin number, and you will be charged for however much gas you take. ( fast and easy)

or, you can give them the card, put in gas, and then sign for the amount afterwards. (i havent seen this one in a long time).

lol, i remember the Mobil station by my house used to take checks from regular customers.

i remember passing through Oregon iirc, maybe WA?, and stopped to put gas in the car. some teenage kid took the pump from my hand and started pumping my gas. i was like, "what are you doing?" (thinking he was looking for a handout). he replied that per state law people are not allowed to pump their own gas. i looked over and saw about three teenagers sitting there just chatting waiting for cars to come in. i was like wth? wow, that must cost the station's owner some $.

i was just kidding by my 1st statement. i dont condone ripping off small business owners. i could see teengers doing it as a stupid prank but not as a continued activity.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by Kane:
BTW: I'm from Iowa, so I guess the Midwest is just trustworthy...

Has nothing to do with it. Iowa has college towns, bad neighborhoods, and big city corporate mindsets too with "prepay only" because of to many people that do gas-n-runs. I've been to prepay pumps in MO, MN, IL, NE, WI, ND, SD...

I actually had a run in with a clerk in Bloomington, MN about prepay... I can't remember the name of the station, but it's on the corner of Normandale and Old Shakopee... not the Holiday station, but the one on the North side of the street.

I pulled up to the pump and started to set myself up and I hear a bit of static from the speaker system... no worries, right? Well, I continue to try to work the pump... making sure I have all of the buttons turned on, levers lifted or flipped, etc., following the instructions on the screen. It said "Authorizing pump" on it, so I just leaned back on the car for a few seconds, waiting for the pump to start. A little bit more static came out of the speakers, still no sound, just static noise. Then the clerk came out and screamed at me "HEY, I'M NOT TURNING ON YOUR PUMP BECAUSE YOU HAVE OUT OF STATE PLATES!" and that he had told me twice over the intercom.

So I calmly walk inside to prepay for my gas... get this, the clerk was holding the door for me and said "Haven't you ever worked a pump before?!?!?"... It was a yell fest after that... I got him good in front of another cashier and about 20 people inside, telling him that his intercom wasn't working for one, no signs stating prepay for out of state tags for another, and that his attitude was totally unnecessary. I demanded an apology...

The other cashier was an assistant manager and she started apologizing to me... That pissed me off even worse. She gave me a $5 free gas coupon, but I was still so mad that I ripped the coupon in two right in front of the original clerks face (he flinched, HA!) then walked out, put the pump away, and got in my car... I drove right across the street to the Holiday station and filled up WITHOUT PREPAYING AND NO HASSLES!!! NEENER NEENER! I've stopped at Holiday at least ten times since then and will never go back to the other one.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by svttour:
Originally posted by svt4stv:
every police car in the area will be looking for me? you mean like "calling all cars, calling all cars?" just how small is your town??

hahah exactly. I used to do this all the time back when i was in high school..especially on skip days when there were like 4-6 cars lining up at the gas station all stealing gas..Its the funniest thing when you see the cashier running out of the store as fast as they can like they are running a marathon trying to catch you when your already down the street. OMG the fun times i had in highschool. and shoot thats when gas used to be like 1.07 for premium. We didnt care it was just a really good adrenaline rush. It got to the point that they knew my car as soon as i parked at the pump but they never said anything to me about it lol

GAS-N-DASHER! I bet you Dine-N-Dash as well!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Here in Ohio. you will lose your license if you leave without paying. he's not welcome here . I dont know why people gotta be so dishonest these days.

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
R
rthoman Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
.-Update-.

Well this guy actually came back...showing him self on camera yet again, this time I walked out and got his plate and confirmed it was the same guy...He didn't get gas this time though...It's a young kid, I talked to my manager and if anyone wants to fess up they can save them selves a lot of trouble. Trouble meaning, court, fines, possible loss of license...

98.5 SE 2.5L MTX - TruBendz Borla, Green Filter, SVT F/R Bumpers, E1's 95 SE 2.5 MTX - Full SVT Body w/Mirko, GC + Konis, Omp, KKM, SVT pipes, E1's, Paint Mods/Pics
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard