Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
I've got an awesome mechanic in the Mississauga area, Swaped the alt. out of my 99 V6 for 260. Really nice guy. Message me if you want the contact info.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Minute Muffler on St. Clair and Runnymede (GTA), very friendly guys, and will take cash and give good price.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
The guys at Thruway Muffler at 300 Dundas St E. Whitby and the guys at Mr.D's Auto Service at 1211 Kingston Rd. Pickering are some goood duudes with some gooood prices.

-JD. 1996/V6/LX. Killer Bass, & A Few Other Mods.
R
R
Hi, guys, really great to find out this forum. Maybe someone can give me some advice on my 98 contour SE. OK, there is the story. I'm in Kitchener. I bought this contour SE two month ago, the odometer reading was 200k. I didn't drive on the highway until this Monday on a trip to Niagara Falls. After I got there, the auto transmission start to function very funny. It won't engage after the red light stop, I have to step on the accelerator hard, then suddenly it engaged and car thrust out. From gear 1 to gear 2, the change is harsh and the engine speed is not stable (up and down until the speed was brought up). After 60km/h, every thing works smooth. The problem has been the same since last trip.

The thing is there has been a transmission rebuilt on the first owner at about 100k. This car hasn't give me any rouble when I only drove on local. It seems the problem is from gear 1 to gear 2 when speed is under 40km/h.

Does it mean this auto transmssion is nearly dead? How can I deal with it? I don't want put another 2000 dollar into this car. Maybe a used transmission? or maybe it is only problem with the torque convertor? Oh, there is another thing, when the car idle at red light, the engine periodicly shaking, it seems the engine engaged for a while then lost, and then engaged. The shaking is from this change.

Thanks a lot guys.

98 Ford Contour SE, Silver grey
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard