Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
On my 2.5L rebuild, used assembly moly lube on all surfaces. Also, primed new pump in a pan of oil before putting on engine. Pulled fuel pump fuse and cranked engine over until oil pressure light went out. Put fuse back in and started right up.

Sorrry to hear your misfortune.......

Bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
B
BradJ Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Originally posted by BradJ:
Motor was $4500.

I could buy at least 4 escape 3.0Ls with that money.

Yeah, I realize that it's pretty expensive, but I wanted a warranty. I may have been able to swap three or four motors in for the same money, but I don't have near the time for that. I did alot of research on this board before I purchased the engine assembly from Ford, but I think it was the best decision for me. I've read some real horror stories with those 3L swaps.

I wasn't looking for more power and performance, I wanted reliability and driveability, with no problems. haha look where it got me

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
What warranty is there? I was the understanding something like that had to installed by a professional shop, for the exact reason why you have apparantly lost your engine. Or is it the 12 months / 12000 miles warranty.

Ryan Trollin!
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Hmm, unless you've got a very understanding dealership or they can find a part that actually failed in the motor, your warranty is gone. More than likely I wouldn't be expecting a call from ford saying they will warranty the engine if you installed it yourself. The 12month/12K warranty is usually only good on parts installed by them.

I had a car I worked on that had a clutch go bad after installing all new ford parts. It was actually caused by a bad master cylinder, but still couldn't get a warranty on the parts.

Sorry,
Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
that would suck to pay that much coin and be out the warranty you thought you had!

Ryan Trollin!
B
BradJ Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
Yeah RTStabler51, that would suck. I was told by the dealership I purchased the motor from that it came with a warranty...maybe it is a 12/12,000. But I do specifically remember me telling them that I was doing the labor myself, and he said the warranty was still there.

Well I don't really know what to do. I don't want to drop $500+ on labor for this dealer to pull this motor, only to tell me tough luck.

This sucks.

B
BradJ Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
Well I just got some potentially good news from the dealer. As Buckshot said, if they can find a defect with the motor, then the warranty will be honored, INCLUDING labor! Can you believe that? They said this is only the case with engine and transmission assemblies though...

So hopefully they can find a defect...

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
expecting or hoping ford honors any part of the warranty may be too much to ask for...ford doesnt give a shiz about their customers...

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
B
BradJ Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by gdub520:
expecting or hoping ford honors any part of the warranty may be too much to ask for...ford doesnt give a shiz about their customers...

I'm not expecting anything. What I am doing is telling you guys exactly what was told to me by the Ford dealer.

Call them if you want. Bowen-Scarrf Ford in Covington, WA 1-866-878-5577

B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
OH, this sounds like a long block from Ford. If so, I would guess that oil pump was already on engine as well as timing chains, etc. Did you notice your oil light when you first started the engine? How long did it take it to go out? Was it an extended period of time? Prebuilt from Ford the engine would have been assembled and lubed.

Sounds like you did get a defective long block.......good ole Ford -Fixem OR Die with em....

Bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard