Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Pre98 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I think so.. I dont want to sink too much into my aging car; somethings gotta break soon! It's been running too good for it's age, know what I mean?

Here's a performance mod list:

Custom Cougars CAI
9mm Ford ignition wires
Trubendz Catback Exhaust

It's early I may be forgetting something but those are the major ones. I just got done replacing all the blue tubes on my CAI this morning. Yes I could get headers, optimized y pipe and a new cat; but that's about a grand total that I'm not going to invest anymore.

So a chip is in thought, but not final

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
You might as well optimize your y-pipe and TB before you do it, since those are so cheap. Other than that, sounds good... hopefully you'll see some nice gains! Go to SZ and dyno for a baseline, then dyno after a chip... see how much you really get.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by 95Sleeper:
You might as well optimize your y-pipe and TB before you do it, since those are so cheap. Other than that, sounds good... hopefully you'll see some nice gains! Go to SZ and dyno for a baseline, then dyno after a chip... see how much you really get.

Thats what I think im going to end up doing. Just have to decide if I want to go with headers or not....

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by XKontour98:

Thats what I think im going to end up doing. Just have to decide if I want to go with headers or not....

You know you want them...

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
P
Pre98 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Oh I forgot about the optimized SVT TB I borrowed from tour96se. Also, Im hoping I'll be able to register for the dyno but my money is TIGHT. We'll see.

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by XKontour98:

You know you want them...

Its true Its just coming up with the $$$ that will dictate WHEN that happens...

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Go get the car weighed instead of using worthless guesstimated weight data.

It's a fun tool for comparing changes once you have an accurate baseline. ACCURATE being the KEY word.

It is 100% WORTHLESS for comparing against anything else. PERIOD!

i agree with teh getting it weighed part, but i was just working with what i had and i dont c y his numbers would be that far off , since ive already proven it on another car that teh numbers are within a 5 hp difference

as for being accurate, with teh info i had , we were trying to be as close to accurate as we could be i mean thats y teh book tells u that theres a +/- in what the gtech says and the real dyno

as being worthless, im not saying this is supposed to be put in place of dynos or real times u run at the track , but it gives a good estimate without teh dyno and track ,

it is a fun tool , i will try it on my car tonight, i just brought it out and ill let u knwo what i come up with

ok it looks like i set out on the wrong foot with u ppl,
i mean i told u im nto here to start trouble but some of u guys turned out to be real a-holes

i dont knwo much about contours but i do know my basic mechanics so i want to try to help as much as possible

like i said ok my numbers could be off but i was just workign with what i had, adn if u guys dont like it then dont even respond to posts i make or post in ,

just tryign to make peace with u ppl

bobby

1997 30th Anniversary SS,Jethotts/ORY/GMMG, 160thermo, ,TB bypass, 1LE intake elbow, BMR STB, 32mmswaybar..21mm rear,BMR LCAs, PR,SFCs,TA,LT4 KM,255lph, shift kit
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Admirable.. I can respect that!

Don't worry about not knowing about contours on here! There is a wealth of information at hand, and the residents here know a TON more than most service reps would ever dream of knowing. You will leave here with a MUCH higher knowledge level about this platform!

Enjoy the testing times, regardless of how accurate you think they'll turn out to be. It is still fun to be doing the runs, too!!! Have fun!

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard