Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I spent just over 4 grand last year on my contour. just keeping it running.

How much did other CEGers spend.

That expense does not include insurance.

Am I really spending too much on my car?

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Not including gas, insurance, and monthly payments, I probably put well under $500 in it last year.

I bought a fuel filter oil and oil filters and tranny and power steering fluids. Oh, and a thermostat I never put on. Thats about it.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I got my 99 CSVT in december and so far I've already spent over $1500 in maintanance. Just about every common thing that breaks on this car has broken for me, so far its been a new fuel pump, new thermostat and water pump, had to replace a bolt on my tranny mount and had a couple of sensors replaced. Im just hoping I can to the point where I dont have to drop a good 300$ plus every paycheck just to keep my car running. I dont know, maybe I would be a little pissed if I didnt like my car so much but I do so I figure its gotta be worth it.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
When I had my CSVT for the 13 months I had it.. I think I paid about 1000.00 total in maintenance. That includes all new pads/rotors, exhaust (although modified) oil changes, a cabin filter, K&N re-oil kit, and TPS and IAC. Not too bad of a cost, if you ask me.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Not including oil changes, I've spent $230. $65 for a spare key, $50 for warranty deductible on water pump, and $115 for P0420 fix.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
$4000 for a years maintenance

Lemme guess that was for an oil change and new plugs at the dealer.

Last time I dropped $4000 in one hit on my car was for a turbo upgrade to 280hp!

I spend more money on mods than on maintenance. Then again I fix EVERYTHING, except for body work on this car.

Realistically for $4000 you could get a 3L with a rebuilt trans and quaife put into a car. What the hell did you spend $4000 on?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I spent about $6K over three years or so. Some of that was me getting raped by a dealership, some of it was performance stuff, and some was just regular mundane costs, but it's not like I paid the whole caboodle in one lump sum.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Not including oil changes (which are rather pricey themselves with Synthetic), I'm up to like $850 or so for the year. That includes new tires, new plugs/wires, new fuel pump, diagnostics for why the car wouldn't start after the new fuel pump (don't ask ), new driver's side ball joint, and an alignment. That price will go up by a bit because i also found out yesterday that one of my rear struts is blown. So i'll be up to $1000 by the end of the week (damn! I never realized it would be that much!)

-Chris 2000 SE Sport V6 5spd (all stock except for EO brakes)
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
" What the hell did you spend $4000 on?"

that would take some thought this year I did have some bad service issues. last year was the year when some things were done twice. Last year was the year when an axel job done poorly due to the axel nut not being put on properly the axel came out of the tranny causing fluid to leak and nearly toasting the tranny but I stopped the car in time and had to have it towed back from NJ to NY. I had my alternator changed that year and this year it had to be changed again. I had three mounts changed that year. I changed both front axels after the leak by someone else with stage 1 axels. I had my front tires replaced. I changed
my left front knuckle. I change my right front caliper. I had my 02 sensors changed....................
and so things add up.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
The Contour took a $400 set of tires in September and $1000 trans work in November. Granted the $1000 was everything, clutch, trans, subframe, garage heater, but it kinda hurt.

That is my most expensive repair bill to date.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard