Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by mystique97:
Originally posted by 95Sleeper:

She said it's the 6, and it's I4, not L4. "Inline"...

Do'h, sh!t I knew that (long day ) and I didn't see her one post.
Thanks for correcting me tho.
God I can be such an idiot.

lol, do you need a hug?

I'm just being anal. I ca'nt stand stupid litle mistakes. OCD i guess

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Eh, I'll be fine, I had school 9:00-3:30 today and well we are building a modular home (I'm in a job training program, for construction) and we are drywalling right now and its a PITA.
But we do get tomorrow off.
Might go to the junkyard and look for a few things I could use for the Stique...BTW Christina that is a great place to find stuff for your car, is the junkyard, got me a spoiler with a trunk lid attached for $100 off a 99 Mystique LS, was in near perfect shape too.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
we are drywalling right now and its a PITA.

Drywall sucks! It's sooo heavy, and you have to be careful with it, to boot.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
yes my verry first brand new car (2nd car total) was a 1997 contour gl i bought in 1997 off the show room floor in alaska when i was in the army and thats when i fell in love with them, it was a black 5 speed gl 4cyl. and now years later actualy today i have had my svt contour for 2 1/2 years and to be honest it still feels like the verry first day i got it, everyday is a blessing being able to drive my car....

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Christina22:
just want to know what i can do to her to make her better and what to watch out for.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong......but I believe that the V6s built before January of 98 are highly prone to waterpump failure. Of course, by 115k, its likely that this has already happened and already been dealt with by the previous owner but its still something to watch out for.

My waterpump went at 60k without warning. There was no leaking, no noise, no symptoms whatsoever until she started to overheat.

If your car was built after January of 98 (IIRC ) it will probably be OK where waterpumps are concerned.

98 Mystique LS DOB 06/97
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M

We are way past that point, we are spreading mud now (almost done), thats a real royal PITA. Sanding it is the worst part, wears you out.
Bad thing is we still got a sh!t load to do to the house yet and there is just under 3 months of school left.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Nice car. You will like it. I really love that color. If it has had even reasonable care, it should last a long time. You will find a lot of support here for it's care and maintenance as well as should you run into some problems. CEG is one of the best car communities in cyberspace.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Big Jim:
CEG is one of the best car communities in cyberspace.

That it is...

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W

We are way past that point, we are spreading mud now (almost done), thats a real royal PITA. Sanding it is the worst part, wears you out.
Bad thing is we still got a sh!t load to do to the house yet and there is just under 3 months of school left.

I LOVE spreading mud...no , really- 'corse I lives in da back woods. I HATE the sanding part.

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Christina22:
Thanks. It's an Auto,a 24 valve, v6, and it is a 98. I think it has 115 thounsand miles on it and its maroon. The paint and interior are in excellent condition. And I know all cars have problems I am an auto tech student...even camrys

Welcome to CEG! Stop by the NW forum and say "hi" too.

...And yay for girls who are into cars enough to be auto tech students!

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard