Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
OP Offline
C
but it is going to be my first "car" do you think it's a good one to start out on?

Faster is Better...With Cars!
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
it might blow up....

j/k

WHat kind is it?
How many miles
what kind of options... etc.
Do you know its history.

It is a VERY nice car to start out with. Doesn't require "baby sitting" so to speak. Ofcourse, it's no Toyota Camry or nothing.. but defeintly a very dependable car when taken care of. welcome! Don't let people scare you about "Oh, this stopped working, etc" Because truthfully, all cars have problems.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Tell us more about the car. What model? What engine? What transmission? How many miles?

Either way I think you'll like owning your Contour, and Welcome to CEG!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks. It's an Auto,a 24 valve, v6, and it is a 98. I think it has 115 thounsand miles on it and its maroon. The paint and interior are in excellent condition. And I know all cars have problems I am an auto tech student...even camrys

Last edited by Christina22; 03/17/05 10:12 PM.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Tell us more about the car. What model? What engine? What transmission? How many miles?

Don't worry, you'll love the car no matter what kind it is, mine's the 4 banger automatic and I still love it.
Fun to drive too.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by mystique97:

Don't worry, you'll love the car no matter what kind it is, mine's the 4 banger automatic and I still love it.
Fun to drive too.

Wasn't implying she wouldn't like it if it were a 4cyl or automatic.. She wanted to know if they were good cars.. There are certain things she could look for with either V6 or I4, or the ATX or MTX.. Im assuming she wants more technical answers on what possible problems the car may pose, rather than "Contours are cool."

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
C
OP Offline
C
i can't drive a 5 speed yet...still working on that so an auto is cool for me and i know i give up some power but its okay for now.

And i really don't know anyone who owns a contour just want to know what i can do to her to make her better and what to watch out for.

Last edited by Christina22; 03/17/05 10:22 PM.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by mystique97:

Fun to drive too.

Wasn't implying she wouldn't like it if it were a 4cyl or automatic.. She wanted to know if they were good cars.. There are certain things she could look for with either V6 or I4, or the ATX or MTX.. Im assuming she wants more technical answers on what possible problems the car may pose, rather than "Contours are cool."

Mark

I know Mark, I was just quoting you on what you said and adding more to it, pretty much.

Also Christina, what size engine, V6, L4? if its the L4 you can find some things for it but not a lot, well if you plain to spend a crap load of $$$, yeah you can find a good amount of things, and if its the 6, its about the same but a bit easier to find mods then the 4.
Just search around on the Registry on here and look at other people's cars and get ideas I'm sure you'll see something you'll like.

Last edited by mystique97; 03/17/05 10:40 PM.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Christina22:
Thanks. It's an Auto,a 24 valve, v6, and it is a 98. I think it has 115 thounsand miles on it and its maroon. The paint and interior are in excellent condition. And I know all cars have problems I am an auto tech student...even camrys

She said it's the 6, and it's I4, not L4. "Inline"...

Welcome! You'll love it. Watch out for basic maint. issues, and you'll be fine!

Things to do right now:

Flush all the fluids
-transaxle
-coolant
-oil
-power steering
-brakes

You might want to replace the water pump, if it's stock. They tend to go.

I'd do the air filer and fuel filter too.

None of that stuff is urgent, just a good idea. If there's nothing wrong, the best thing you can do is drive it! They like that a lot, or at least mine does.

And read the stickies at the top of each forum. Duratec maintenence is a good place to start.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by 95Sleeper:

She said it's the 6, and it's I4, not L4. "Inline"...

Do'h, sh!t I knew that (long day ) and I didn't see her one post.
Thanks for correcting me tho.
God I can be such an idiot.

Last edited by mystique97; 03/17/05 11:05 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard