Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I would think if you are mechinacally inclined and have done all the research you could do it. I think haveing the Ford manuals would be nessesary also. The hardest thing I see is actually having the right equipment to build the engines and get them in and out. Do you drop the sub fram or pull it from the top. Both have there own challenges. I have gathered what I thought to be improtant infromation on 3 liter builds I would be happy to send it to who ever wants it. I have it in two word documents both from different threads from some time ago.

Green 2000 SVT #1166 mods-K&N and Custom heat shield, optimized y pipe, Magnaflow center resonator, DMDhttp://www.geocities.com/savinoss/Cars.html -Wifes car 99 Mystique V6 5 spd
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by ElKy:
anything can be done with time and the right equipment.

You got the tools, you got the talent!

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Shaggy:
anything can be done with time and the right equipment.

You got the tools, you got the talent!

maaan, I think this should be awesome, even though I have noo idea about how to do it, but if fellow CEG'rs helping out on my car would be waaay priceless

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by svtavino:
I would think if you are mechinacally inclined and have done all the research you could do it. I think haveing the Ford manuals would be nessesary also. The hardest thing I see is actually having the right equipment to build the engines and get them in and out. Do you drop the sub fram or pull it from the top. Both have there own challenges. I have gathered what I thought to be improtant infromation on 3 liter builds I would be happy to send it to who ever wants it. I have it in two word documents both from different threads from some time ago.

the Ford shop manual is most likely going to tell you to drop the sub frame, of course that is easy with a lift but how has one of those handy?

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
if i had a lift, this would be very do-able.
yes i know people have done it without a lift, but is has taken them a while.
also i dont have a cherry picker either.

this might be a possibilty, but the next thing needed is time.
i dont even have time to do the front end in my hearse or fix the rot on my truck, nevermind do an ngine swap on my spare time.

but agin...it is possible

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
G
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
G

yea I hear ya man, I dont have time either cause I work like everyday. I dont get my engine till middle of june anyways so yes as you said, it is a possibility

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
if i had a lift, this would be very do-able.
yes i know people have done it without a lift, but is has taken them a while.
also i dont have a cherry picker either.

this might be a possibilty, but the next thing needed is time.
i dont even have time to do the front end in my hearse or fix the rot on my truck, nevermind do an ngine swap on my spare time.

So what is the verdict on this meet? Will there be an engine swap going on?

I know that Goonz SVT and I had expressed an interest in doing an MTX fluid change, and Zgendron said he would bring his fluid pump. But that is the only concrete plans I heard of.

Could someone walk me through a plugs and wires change? Or just point me in the right direction? I think I could do the coolant flush on my own (and do it at home since it will be messy) but I would need a few pointers. I've seen the "How-to" but need a few clarifications/ parts pointed out...

Does that sound Ok? I don't want to overstep my bounds.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
check the faq for instructions on the plug and wire changes

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Mike and I will do our best to give a hand on whatever project people need help with - within reason.
No guarantees are ever made on all projects getting finished at these meets, but we all do our best as a group to all chip in where we can.

The biggy for this meet are Randy's headers - pretty much the prime priority, especially since it's been put off for so long, for various reasons that couldn't be helped.

In between that and actually just chilling/having fun, we'll all do our best to tackle other projects.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Well as of today, I found out my engine swap will begin here that same day. So I will most likely be at home, helping with the swap instead of going to the meet. I want to come but I don't want to leave my friend to swap the engine 100% by himself.

If I do decide to come, I'll bring the new 5.0.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard