Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Here i did your homework for you!
Originally posted by scottd60:
Originally posted by parkedcar:
Originally posted by scottd60:
"if it's anything like the CF1 cowl hood it will be awesome". Well, apparently you don't have one or haven't looked at one very closely I do have one and in general I like it (from a distance and in pic's) but if I had to buy it over again I probably wouldn't. The fit is poor and the finish and overall quality is average at best. I would consider my hood a "BLEM" but it was not sold to me that way�I paid full price.

I feel the same way about the quality of my hood. I saw their ebay auction for "grade b" hoods. Mine has all the same defects but was told this is all normal. I recieved $100 back for a bad latch but still have the bubbles, and skewing.
But at the same time no one else is making a hood like that.

My cowl hood has a crooked latch, bubbles, blemish the size of a big finger print in the clear, strange lines, skewed CF, unfinished edges and is under size by about 1" both front to back and side to side as well. I did not get anything back and also was told all of this was normal

Plus my car it the one in their pictures on both eBay and on their site selling these hoods

Not sure if these are the same guys that made Scotts hood, but it's something you might want to look into...

Last edited by Quick_SVT; 03/15/05 07:50 PM.

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Steer clear from that. VERY clear.

1. It's damn ugly. (I'll tell it like it is, not this "it's not my taste" stuff)
2. Nobody that's bought one has been completely satisfied with the way it fits. (though no CF hood is going to be perfect, I've heard of more fitment/finish problems with the dome hoods as opposed to OEM-style CF hoods)

Stick it out with an OEM style hood or jump on the ones that NorCalCoug is offering in the GB forum. They are much nicer.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
If you like big gaps then sure, buy it up...

Ryan Trollin!
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Just e-mailed the guys, and they said that the first CF hood productions still had some cosmetic flaws, but they have perfected their product. At under $400 I am willing to take the risk!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7960511163&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Take the plunge?
Stop being a pu$$y and do it!
You are in for a dissapointment...

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Did you think that they were going to email you back saying "yes, our product doesn't fit for [censored] and is poor quality, but you should still purchase it"

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
i personally just dont like the look of it too much, so that part is up to you, unless you want your car to have the Kingpin stamp of approval

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
i really like the CF hood with out cars. The OEM style, or the Norcal one. That monstrosity however, ruins the lines of the car. It just doesn't look right.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I don't like it!! Well since u asked?

First our hood is nice enough, get a mirko instead of that hood. I hate CF hoods, black hood on a silver car doesn't look right. Unless you get it painted!! Surely you know that you would be trying to look like every other ricer drving down the street(not trying to be rude). Cause ricers love CF anything on ther cars!!

Your car looks sweet now with your drop, take things little bye alittle andenjoy, cause if you go all out things will geet boring real quick!!

Trust me right now your car looks real sleek and clean looking, leave it that way

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Mkingracing:
Trust me right now your car looks real sleek and clean looking, leave it that way

i agree. i wouldnt change anyhting on the outside of your car, i would start modding the interior or engine.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I know that a higher-than-expected percentage of forum members voted against the CF, but I promise one thing... I will order my Mirko by next week along with my headers to counter-match the added agressiveness of the cowl hood. Also, I promise that if I do not like it, I will resell it on eBay. I have 192 feedbacks at 100% and reselling things is usually a song. The way I see it is this...

My car's main theme is silver & black. So there is nothing that can cosmetically harm it, as long as it stays within my monochromatic color combo. This includes, my hyperblack wheels, my blackened B-Pillar, sail panel and mirrors, a black rubber radio antenna, or a carbon fiber hood for that matter. It's a trial & error situation. I can't lose either way! I will post updated pics along with a poll to let you guys give an opinion with an actual view of the finished product....

Maybe it will look good when it's together... Okay, that's enough writing and money spending for today . Good night guys.

XL

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard