Print Thread
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Car's not done yet, so no complete pictures.

Engine is now in though.

More parts:

Fuel pump:

Closeup of Ford Lightning 42 lb injectors:

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Speechless!!!!

G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Did a few mods, but not many. I figured I'd do it now while the engine is going in. Might be easier this way.

Stock, the car is pretty minimalistic.

425 hp
390 lb/ft torque
2337 lbs curb weight

I figure it's really not going to need that much more HP to perform.

This car, the Noble M400, is supposed to be:

0-60: 3.5 seconds
0-100: 8.0 seconds
Quarter mile: 11 seconds

However, Car & Driver just tested the GTO-3R, the model below the M400. The GTO-3R has 352hp, 350 lb/ft torque, 2380 lbs. They got:

0-60: 3.3 seconds
0-100: 8.1 seconds
Quarter mile: 11.8 at 118 mph

I'm guessing the M400 may be able to beat manufacturer's estimates.

Here are some things I picked up.

A toothed ring for the driver's side wheel. This will allow wheel speed sensors to work.

Here's what it looks like installed. You can see the wheel speed sensor & wire:

The rear axles do not need it, as they already have a band that the wheel speed sensors can pick up on.

That allows me to use the Racelogic programmable traction control system.

That system allows you to pick the amount of wheelspin you want, 0%, 5%, 10%, 20%, or system off. As you guys know, max grip happens around 10% slippage.

The one I got also gives you launch control, which puts a secondary temporary rev-limiter, so you can launch on boost.

It also has the full throttle shifting option, with a secondary soft limiter and another hard limiter. That way, I can shift with my right foot completely floored. It requires a switch for the clutch:

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
your project > our projects

im very very jealous.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Here's the RaceLogic head unit:

As you can see, there's also the head unit for the Blitz SBC-iD III sequential boost controller. I don't plan on going wild with the boost. Stock is .8 bar (12 psi or so), and the GT28R's are efficient to 17 psi or so, I believe.

I put the turbo timer head unit (Blitz Full Auto Turbo Timer) above the rollcage on the driver's side. It tucks in pretty well; the wiring is hidden behind the cage and goes down into the dash.

To help lower the weight of the car (my car has air con, so it's a bit above the 2337 lb curb weight), I picked up a Hawker Odyssey PC680mjt battery.

The stock battery is a 38lb red top Optima.

The Hawker Odyssey is basically an improvement on the design of the Optima Yellowtop. It's supposed to be good for over 400 full deep cycles (100% depth of charge). It's just 15.8 lbs.

Here it is installed:

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
That is Beaut. I want! Give me!

Can't wait to see it when it's done.

G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Here's a few picts of the interior. I'm not changing too much.

The interior is covered in alcantara. The stock steering wheel & knob are a bit ugly, so I swapped in the Momo Race steering wheel, and the Momo Race Aluminum Airleather knob.

Here's a close up of the oil temp/pressure gauge and boost gauge.

The stock rollcage is covered with alcantara as well.

The M400 gets upgraded seats. They're custom made by Racing Sparco. Sparco makes a very similar one called the Roadster, in a fiberglass shell, and it weighs 16 lbs. The ones they make for the M400 are in carbon fiber, and weigh around 10 lbs each.

It uses a Willans 4-point racing harness. Some people do swap it out for a 5 or 6 point set with wider webbing. I'm not sure if I'm going to.

There's not much room in the footwell because of the large front tires, and mid-engined configuration. I ended up removing the thin dead pedal.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
What clutch are you running!?

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
What clutch are you running!?

It's an AP Racing unit. It's supposed to be reasonably stout.

A bit more of the exterior:

Here are the rear tires. They're 265/35ZR18 Pirelli P-Zero Corsa tires, DOT legal competition tires. Sadly, 60 treadwear rating, though it's what is necessary to put the power to the ground, with so little weight.

They use custom made AP racing 4-piston calipers, and vented & crossdrilled 13" rotors, front and rear.

Here are the rears:

Here are the fronts. As you can see, the hats are different.

I have the 6th M400 in the United States. Unfortunately, there was a little bit of a backorder on the shocks. I have the GTO-3R shocks in these pictures.

Front:

They changed over from a custom Dynamic Suspension shock setup to a Bilstein setup, with the same specs.

Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard