Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
#1210517 03/09/05 10:28 PM
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
I'm not finished with the build up, but thought I'd post a few pictures.

Here's the engine. New 3.0L Duratec. Wiseco forged pistons (8.5:1). Scat 4340 H-Beam rods with ARP 2000 bolts. Green top 42 lb injectors from 2001+ Ford Lightning. Unique profile camshafts with increased lift & duration. Block machined for piston squirters on each cylinder. New accessory drive setup (which required non-stock front cover). Dual frequency damper. SVT flywheel. Higher capacity pump for piston squirters coming. Balanced & blueprinted.

You can see the Escape oilpan in these picture. I'm no longer using it (if anyone wants it for cheap, let me know).

Stock Ford oil filter adapter can be seen in this picture. It was replaced:

You can see the green tops:

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G

Looks good!

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Wow, I bet that thing will be making some power!! I wish I had enough money to start one of these big projects.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Looks sweet!

What means of forced induction are you using? Im not sure what the Vortech looks like up close. Maybe thats why there is a big support bracket on the front bank?

What camshafts?

Any reason why you chose the Wiseco pistons over the Diamond pistons?

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Looks sweet!

What means of forced induction are you using? Im not sure what the Vortech looks like up close. Maybe thats why there is a big support bracket on the front bank?

What camshafts?

Its a link from Noble forums, so my guess would be twin turbo . Very nice

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Here's the oil filter adapter Noble supplied. It has connections for the Mocal oil cooler.

Ended up not using it. Replaced it with a thermostatically controlled unit, so that the oil can warm up faster. The oil cooler is bypassed until oil reaches operating temperature. Probably not necessary where I live, but nice to have.

Mocal oil cooler is on passenger side. Added a Spal 5.6" fan to it. Here's a picture before the install. Just measuring fitment.

Here it is mounted up. Temperature probe goes on the mocal to control the fan.

Anyhow, back to the engine.

Picked up a Fidanza 9lb aluminum flywheel. You guys have probably seen them a million times.

It uses an ultra-light Ford/Getrag 6-speed transmission based on a 3-shaft design (1 input, 2 output). It has two layshafts with the most commonly used gears ââ?¬â?? first to fourth ââ?¬â?? on one with dual synchros and fifth, sixth and reverse on the second layshaft, using a different final drive ratio. Entire transmission and clutch weighs less than 115 lbs. Clutch is an AP racing unit. LSD is from Quaife.

Here's the engine with the tranny installed. You can also see the modified larger capacity gated & baffled oil pan. 8 liter oil capacity for this application.

Closeup of the pan:

Drain plug is on the far corner.

Has oil temp and pressure.

Oil pressure and oil temperature are on 1 gauge. I believe a company called Green Gauges makes it.

G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Looks sweet!

What camshafts?

Thanks. I'm going to be using just the standard setup, at least in the beginning. I'm actually not going to be increasing the HP that much over stock.

It uses a pair of Garrett GT28R turbos (twin-cartridge ball bearing units).

The support bracket on the front bank you see holds the air conditioning pump and starter.

Just got the watercooling pipes in (they were delayed).

Sent the exhaust manifolds out to be Jet-Hot coated, using their JetHot 2000 product (good for 2450 degrees F or melting point of metal it's attached to). Heat control is kind of a big issue with this car.

Using HeatShieldProducts Turbo Wrap product on the turbos.

Using Thermotec Gen 2 copper based header wrap on the downpipes.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I was just on that Noble site cool stuff. That jet hot caoting is great I have jet hot on my headers and it made a difference. the car runs cooler now...noticeably cooler.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Got pis of the whole car? Damm that would be a fun project!

01 Focus MTX JRSC, 2.6 pully, and so on.......
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard