Print Thread
#1210365 03/09/05 08:11 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey Guys,

I'm currently interviewing for a position in Sunnyvale, CA as a Production Supervisor/Sustaining Engineer for a medical device company, Inuitive Surgical http://www.intuitivesurgical.com/

I was hoping someone could provide me with some engineering salary ranges for the San Jose/San Fran area. Since I'm in Boston, I've got no clue.

I'm an EE with about 3-4 years experience. Any thoughts?

Also, what is a "Starting Salary" (fresh out of school)?

TIA,

Last edited by zgendron; 03/09/05 08:41 PM.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Starting salary for an engineer out of college I would think would be no less than $55K, but most likely in the 60's.

I would expect nothing less than $80K.

Offer should be between $80 - $120K (cost of living is really that high)

Stock options? Bonus?

Your welcome to take it to PM's.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Try this link salary.com

Enter your info and get a more accurate idea of the salary you can bargin for. It's better than all our prognostications. Once you have an idea if salary, I would suggest going to something like apartments.com or even the local papers from the area to get an idea of your cost of living. As I understand, it's pricey to live in the bay area.

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard