Print Thread
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by carbonfiberone:
Mark,
Thanks for your feedback. We do take all things into consideration since if our parts don't sell, it does us no good. With this particular trunk, however, the mold is already completed and the part will be in production soon, which means there will be no further modifications and tweaks.

that being said, here are pictures of test fit Round 2.

IMHO your way of thinking for a dieing platform is totally backwards. You should be trying to appeal to the largest group not a select few if you care about product sales...this is what totally baffles me and many more around this board. If there were no CEG you would have pretty much ZERO sales. This site is probably 100% responsible at this point for keeping the Contour alive or even treading water in the world of performance auto's and yet you ignore what we say

As for the CF1 trunk the fit looks better but still not feeling the look at all...it still looks like a Chevy Cavalier rear spoiler on a Contour and MILES yes MILES away from a BMW. How about showing a pic straight on from the side not angled views. This view seems to be avoided for some reason? As said before...a OEM CF trunk either pre-98 or post-97 would have been a hit. You would get the same price. You could have made a couple of different CF spoilers and sold them for $200-$300 and made everyone happy, sold MANY more and made more money as well with trunk and spoiler sales. I stand buy my comments 100%. I will not buy a CF truck lid just because it is the only one like some here will do. I probably would have bought an OEM trunk and then picked my own spoiler that fit my choice and car. I am not overly happy with my CF1 cowl hood and it's issues to say the least but that's another subject in itself.

The interest in our cars is very much appreciated but the product is still a major a blunder just like the cowl hood and it's "bird bath". You would have sold MUCH more without it ! Just do a search on it over the last year and you will definitely see.

You will however appeal to the 16-17 year olds that will buy or say they are going to buy them basically because they will buy anything with carbon fiber even if it looks like sh!t or not just because it's carbon fiber and it's sooooooo cool

The only way I'd consider this trunk lid is if you practically gave it to me for helping you sell the CF1 Cowl Hood
By the way...How many CF1 cowl hoods have you sold to date ?
When do I get my check for the unauthorized advertisements on your website and on eBay using MY car to sell your products
http://www.carbonfiberone.com/commerce/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=129&cat=Hoods+%28Unless+noted+as+FRP+or+fiberglass%2C+all+hoods+are+made+of+Carbon+Fiber%29#

pic used on CF1 website and CF1 eBay auctions...

And now my pic of my car in my driveway from my "FotoTime" account...

Good luck...maybe you will sell 6 or 8 if your lucky.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I agree 110% with Scottd60.

Couldn't resist

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Stazi:
I agree 110% with Scottd60.

Couldn't resist

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Successful and smart businesses create products based on the largest group appeal. They do focus groups, testing, etc.

CF1 on the other hand says, "Let's just make something and try to sell it". And when people criticize it, you make poor attempts to try and justify your creations.

2 attempts, 2 failures. The cowl hood was a disaster with that terrible bird bath. IMO the trunk still looks heinous. Does not flow with the lines of the car one bit.

I would suggest adjusting your strategy in making products. Unless you're not in the business of making money of course.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
You know it's Friday & I don't really give a rats ass. The more I thought about this trunk the more messed up everything seemed to be. If anyone, I mean anyone buys this thing they have not one ounce of car styling sense in their body or anyone in there entire family for that matter. I don't usually go on about products on here if I think they are a bad design or just plain look dumb. That's for the buyer to decide because naturally everyone is different. This one takes the cake though. I have to say something. I can't think of one part that could even come close in the history of CEG that could be as poorly conceived as this one.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Hmmmm... a few of you need to brush up on some stuff!
Quote:

*If you do not agree with a Group Buy price or product, let it be. Do not post negative remarks. If the price is high, don't buy it. You don't like windshield washer lights? Don't buy them.

I respect you guys at CF1, thanks for contribution to this dying breed!

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I am not overly happy with my CF1 cowl hood and it's issues to say the least but that's another subject in itself.

The interest in our cars is very much appreciated but the product is still a major a blunder just like the cowl hood and it's "bird bath". You would have sold MUCH more without it ! Just do a search on it over the last year and you will definitely see.

----------------------------------
I agree with the Bird Bath
----------------------------------

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I cut open the vent - so no bird bath.

My question now is will CF1 REALLY tells us to go pound sand, or will they stop and reconsider this move.

I'm thinking it could mean the difference between selling 5 trunks and 50 trunks!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I have no ability whatsoever.. someone photo shop that trunk to match the body color in the pics right above. I am seeing this trunklid in my mind painted.. and I think it would look great. The whole thing right now is that the rear reflector and its "redness" is really throwing things off... with the small part of CF at the bottom being black... it doesn't flow. I think if a photoshop was done and painted it body color.. opinions would change.

Somebody??? Photoshop dions trunklid t-red!

Oh yeah, Scott.. you are right abotu all of that, too. And you should be gettin some cash for them stealing your photo for selling purposes... I know thats against the law.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Maybe not on dion's car, but I think a liberal application of niteshade would help the reflector and tail lights flor much better.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L

Make it stop, my poor horse has been through enough.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard