Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
POST DELETED TO AVOID STARTING ARGUEMENTS (and offending one of the few companies that make aftermarket parts for these cars)

Last edited by Pope; 04/29/05 07:37 AM.

87 Mustang GT 5.0L TURBO
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
attn:cf1

i looooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvve it. hurry up and make it so i can buy one......then whats next after the trunk lid?????thank you sooooo much for your dedication to the contour, its hard enough finding any part for it let alone carbon fiber.

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I had an OEM spoiler added onto my car later and the installation suck arse. This would be a good replacement. Excellent work guys.

99 CSVT-Tropic Green - MSDS Headers, Trubenz Catback, Sho-shop Y-pipe, K&N with Mirko connector, Mirko Splitter, Superchip, Pillar & Guages, Aussie Sun Shade.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Still ugly. My .02

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by todras:
Still ugly. My .02

You could put it on your car.. Wouldn't matter if it's ugly or not, nobody will ever see your car out of the garage anyway

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I'd buy it with a CF cover for the reflector, because I HATE that reflector with a passion.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
i 100% agree with that statment,,,,wonder if they would possibly do one with it shaved, just make a square hole for the plate,,,that would be pimp......yes i painted mine and the crome strip but still it would look alot better with it flush, but i will still buy one either way....when are they for sale?????????????

T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by scottd60:
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
Originally posted by Swazo:
Originally posted by parkedcar:
Originally posted by theTK:
I agree with the majority of the consumers on here in saying that it needs a redesign. As a fabricator myself, I would never buy anything that completely disagrees so much with the factory body lines.

Subtlety and flow are an easily violated rule in visual art. Now you the picture of the M3 is constantly being reposted, but this prototype is a near miss.

What makes the trunk lid on the BMW so visually appealing is that the gradual sloping ducktail gracefully peaks slightly higher than the height of the rest of the trunk. It doesn't look like a 2ft. tall, abrupt launch ramp.

Also, from the rear view, it matches the slope of the rear fenders and taillights. Where as your prototype creates an entirely new arch.

Whoever is producing this is a business trying to design a product for mass appeal. So far the attitude has been, screw the customer, it looks better in person. Why the reluctance to make changes and make the trunk more subtle? There would be MANY more interested buyers, including myself.

Another product added to the aftermarket car industry that looks tacked on as a design after-thought. Bravo.

You put it perfectly

Agreed, I've been feeling the same way.

Couldn't have said it better

Me three!

I would also suggest they eliminate the stupid center reflector while there at it.

That way it allows pre98's to buy one without haveing to fish for a relfector. Plus the reflector is fugly on top of the height of it.

These guys need to go take some marketing classes!

Well said...if they did as I suggested in the beginning they would be a hit! Make a stock OEM without the reflector and NO spoiler then offer a variety of spoiler options from the mild lip or stock post 97 spoiler to radical wing if they like all in CF. This would satisfy all Contour and Mystique owners no matter what year and everyone wouldn't look the same. Give us an option and some variety to choose our own personal look. This is a major f-up to say the least and could have been easily avoided if they only asked

I've read the response from the company, and I feel my original post still holds water. Please read and realize there was no ill will towards the build quality or company all together. I appreciate any attention given towards our cars.

Still, the defense is that you can't make everyone happy. But from a marketing stand point, wouldn't it make more sense to make a more subtle piece that would appeal to a larger cross section? Because the people posting that they like it right now are just impressed because its carbon fiber and I have a feeling that they wouldn't care if the wing were 3 inches lower. And if it were, you would probably have a lot more buyers.

I'm not trying to start an argument, or upset a company. I'm just trying to help out you guys to have ultimately the best product and sell more units, as well as to help the community have a great looking piece.

Good luck.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I agree TK. It would have made sence to survey the market for design before making something and saying here it is take it or leave it. I think most of the opinions expressed here were done so with good intentions, hoping to improve the design for the overall market and profitabilty for CF1.

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I think we get the point. This Horse has long been dead, was beaten severely long time ago . Lets move along and get past that shall we, instead of trying to be the next person to make another shameless hit at this poor horse. .

Anyone who needs hoods, look below

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard