Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 27 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
My fellow Contour Enthusiasts:

I'm having a very difficult time understanding how much bad press you guys are giving this product even before the release. Dion is the only person to have seen it in person, and while we try to post as many detailed pictures as possible, it does not do it justice to the actual part.

We put a lot of work and thought into this, as we did the first two hoods we made. Do you guys honestly think we slapped this together in our backyard in a few hours? While we appreciate your feedback, please give the product a chance before trashing it completely.

You guys are perfectly aware that this was the first article pulled, and as we are still fine tuning the latch portion of the part, fitment should not be an issue with the final production parts. We will post pictures of the test fit with the production part as soon as it's available.

You're also aware of the lack of support the Contour market has in aftermarket products. We are trying to participate in that and ultimately benefit you by doing so. While we appreciate everyone's input, and as much as we'd like to make the "perfect" part that appeals to everyone, this is an impossible feat. And trying to make a part based on all the member's input would have left us spinning in circles. We know you guys work hard for your money, and our goal is to make a part that is worthwhile to both parties.

If you love the trunk, it will be available in about a week to purchase. If you hate the trunk, that's your opinion and we respect that, but we ask that you show some respect by not bad mouthing the part, and more importantly, the company.

Thank you.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
CF1 - I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read through these posts. I was anticipating your response, and REALLY hoping you wouldn't come on and start an uproar, so I can appreciate your open mindedness to the criticism. I do agree that people have been jumping to conclusions in thinking that the product won't fit, and that it won't look all that great. I personally think it looks a lot better than was made out to be by the original pictures. With that said, I'd like to also state that it would have been nice to have seen a few very minor adjustments to the spoiler. I understand that this opens up a whole new can of worms, with having to make a new mold(or atleast I would think you'd have to anyway). I would love to see your product take off in the Contour/Mystique world, but I think there would need to be a couple of tweaks in order to please the majority. But like you said, you can't please everyone, and for anyone to say you can doesn't know much about running a business. Hopefully you don't take the negative feedback to heart and close the doors on this community. I know I can appreciate the time/effort you put into the products you've made.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
Mark,
Thanks for your feedback. We do take all things into consideration since if our parts don't sell, it does us no good. With this particular trunk, however, the mold is already completed and the part will be in production soon, which means there will be no further modifications and tweaks.

that being said, here are pictures of test fit Round 2.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Thanks again! The pictures look great! Looks like the fitment issue has been addressed, and everything lines up.

I know this is probably a bad time to be asking, but............

Would you possibly be interested in making a Carbon Fiber reflector piece as an option? I've been thinking about how I'd like it to look on my all black SVT, and think that'd look pretty hot, if the reflector was made in C/F. Or, maybe even a C/F cover of some sort, so people like myself that already have some money into our reflectors, could just put a cover over it? Just an idea

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
The new pics look even better , I think I will have to save up for this trunk.

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I too am wondering what other products you're interested in, i'ld be very interesed in CF covers for the tanks(coolant, power steering, ect.) on the car.

Great job on the trunk, it doesn't quite suit my taste, but i geve you a lot of credit for doing it in the first place.

Josh

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
the Tred paint looks

the trunk looks, ok. id be in like Flint if it was an oem replacement. im just curious CF1, where did you come with the idea to add this spoiler?

id consider buying one but live near a high school and id really hate to come outside one day to see some kids doing kickflips on my car

ps i think a cf reflector idea is a good idea. maybe also a cf replacement piece for the chrome strip. heck, even if that was made for sale by itself id consider buying one.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
thank you, thank you.

I was just discussing with my sales guys about making some sort of a reflector cover as an add-on piece down the line. It'd be difficult to make it a complete replacement due to all the mounting points, not to mention the license plate lights and holes. We'll brainstorm and come up with something beautiful for you guys.

To recap, we currently have the following for sale:

CF Sail panels (for rear doors)
OEM hood
Cowl Hood
and the New Contour CX Trunk

we're considering running a GB once the trunk is in full production so stay tuned for that!

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
where is your shop located? ill be heading out today towards, what i believe is your way, to pick up a VIS hood for my buddy's focus. i would love to see this trunk in person if you have one handy. unless the only one is on Dion's car.

how much are the cf sail panels?
how much are the stock hoods?

id be interested, possibly in a cowl hood, but i really dont want to mess around with adjusting the fenders to put it on. could i possibly bring my car to you guys to put it on?

ps, you can model the new trunk on my silver frost tour to show everyone what it will look like on the silver tours. (the most common colored tour)

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I still think the trunk looks great. I really wish i had the extra cash for it!

Originally posted by svt4stv:

id consider buying one but live near a high school and id really hate to come outside one day to see some kids doing kickflips on my car

Thats hilarious!

Page 23 of 27 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard