Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by theTK:
I agree with the majority of the consumers on here in saying that it needs a redesign. As a fabricator myself, I would never buy anything that completely disagrees so much with the factory body lines.

Subtlety and flow are an easily violated rule in visual art. Now you the picture of the M3 is constantly being reposted, but this prototype is a near miss.

What makes the trunk lid on the BMW so visually appealing is that the gradual sloping ducktail gracefully peaks slightly higher than the height of the rest of the trunk. It doesn't look like a 2ft. tall, abrupt launch ramp.

Also, from the rear view, it matches the slope of the rear fenders and taillights. Where as your prototype creates an entirely new arch.

Whoever is producing this is a business trying to design a product for mass appeal. So far the attitude has been, screw the customer, it looks better in person. Why the reluctance to make changes and make the trunk more subtle? There would be MANY more interested buyers, including myself.

Another product added to the aftermarket car industry that looks tacked on as a design after-thought. Bravo.

You put it perfectly

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by parkedcar:
I agree with the majority of the consumers on here in saying that it needs a redesign. As a fabricator myself, I would never buy anything that completely disagrees so much with the factory body lines.

Subtlety and flow are an easily violated rule in visual art. Now you the picture of the M3 is constantly being reposted, but this prototype is a near miss.

What makes the trunk lid on the BMW so visually appealing is that the gradual sloping ducktail gracefully peaks slightly higher than the height of the rest of the trunk. It doesn't look like a 2ft. tall, abrupt launch ramp.

Also, from the rear view, it matches the slope of the rear fenders and taillights. Where as your prototype creates an entirely new arch.

Whoever is producing this is a business trying to design a product for mass appeal. So far the attitude has been, screw the customer, it looks better in person. Why the reluctance to make changes and make the trunk more subtle? There would be MANY more interested buyers, including myself.

Another product added to the aftermarket car industry that looks tacked on as a design after-thought. Bravo.

You put it perfectly

Agreed, I've been feeling the same way.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Swazo:

You put it perfectly

Couldn't have said it better

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Ronan:
IF you guys are having trouble with the 3rd brake light, get one for the European mk2 Mondeo, which has the brake light mounted up high in the center of the rear window, just attached to the roof. That way you can keep your spoiler and 3rd brake light.

Oh and if that trunk would fit the mondeo mk1, I would have bought one right away.

And spend more time & energy when it should be integrated in the trunk already.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
i think it would look awesome on the fin too...

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:

You put it perfectly

Me three!

I would also suggest they eliminate the stupid center reflector while there at it.

That way it allows pre98's to buy one without haveing to fish for a relfector. Plus the reflector is fugly on top of the height of it.

These guys need to go take some marketing classes!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Stazi:

You put it perfectly

Me three!

I would also suggest they eliminate the stupid center reflector while there at it.

That way it allows pre98's to buy one without haveing to fish for a relfector. Plus the reflector is fugly on top of the height of it.

Well said...if they did as I suggested in the beginning they would be a hit! Make a stock OEM without the reflector and NO spoiler then offer a variety of spoiler options from the mild lip or stock post 97 spoiler to radical wing if they like all in CF. This would satisfy all Contour and Mystique owners no matter what year and everyone wouldn't look the same. Give us an option and some variety to choose our own personal look. This is a major f-up to say the least and could have been easily avoided if they only asked

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

"These guys need to go take some marketing classes! "

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Stazi:

You put it perfectly

Me three!

Okay, well, the pre 98 cars will still have to buy the outer taillights from the later model cars, as the two cars have different taillight set ups. I know, as I have both trunks, and I had to purchase the taillights from the 95 car to make it look uniform. The center reflector stayed (I believe) because it was easier to make that way. From a marketing standpoint, it covers the 95-2000 Mystique as well. To me, the taillights look unfinished and just come to an abrupt stop if you eliminate the center reflector. And then you'll have to come up with a new license plate mount, license plate lights, and reverse lights. Then you'll have a few different people complain about how the trunk looks weird without the center reflector.

I cannot defend the trunklid, as they say "to each, his own." Brian (svtprodigy) has already indicated that he will try to find another carbon fiber shop to make a different trunklid. I'm interested in seeing how that pans out as well. I can say it is lightweight, the weave is clean, and I think it will look good when I put my splitter back on the car. I am going in this Thursday or Friday for the first production trunk to be fitted. I am going to have the guys from CF1 look through this thread again to take a look at the responses.

Last edited by dion; 04/27/05 05:20 AM.

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
Dion,

If you decide to pick up your trunklid on Friday, stop by the Starbucks on Pioneer & Artesia, if you have time. I''l be working after 11am & would really like to see your car in-person. Drinks are on me.

-Chuck Dienzo Black 98.5 E1 SVT #5022 of 6535 Born on March 16, 1998 "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard