Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
Can anybody help me out, how does CF look on a black car?

it looks the best IMO. it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb but yet its CF. i think it also looks good on Tred but im still on the fence as far as putting it on Silver Frost tours. I dont think it would look too good on a Tropic Green tour, unless it looked really raced out. IMO, the Silver and Green CSVTs look classy and CF throws it off. but of course, if you have a LOT of stuff done to the outside to support the look, then i think it will look ok. just my 2 pesos.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by svt4stv:
Originally posted by parkedcar:
My 1990 jeep wrangler doesn't have a 3rd brake light and never did. Never had an issue with it at inspection.

my pop's 89 truck didnt either. i was really into mini-trucks back then and iirc trucks didnt get the brake light law until 92 or 93 (somewhere right around there.). i remeber cuz all my friends with Toyotas were pissed off that they started coming with them and everyone was shaving them. now at least, the manufacturer's integrate them better into the sheet metal instead of just slapping it on the cab.

yes, it is a federal law, just like airbags. i think that was in 92 or 93 also that manufacturers were required to put airbags in the steering wheels. you can get a nice fat ticket if you get caught having removed yours. ive known people to get this when they pulled their airbagged wheel to put in a Momo or Grant etc..

some cars have the 3rd brake light in the wing from the factory. that is how you can tell (on some cars anyways) that it was a factory installed wing and not a dealer job. some manufacturers dont do this though. sometimes you'll see a 3rd brake light AND a wing with a light, aftermarket! anyways, if you remove your wing with brake light in it, youre supposed to add a 3rd brake light. i know in CA, the only coppers likely to catch this are the highway patrol. they know the vehicle code much better than the local fuzz.

btw, the trunk looks meh. too much lip for my tastes.
my friend is having a custom cowl hood made for the 3rd gen sho at a cf shop out here. i dont think its this shop. if not, and they do a good job on his hood, i may talk to him about doing a group buy on a stock cf trunk for us. that way we'll have two options. it appears the pre98 is the most popular but i would do a poll, if and when it gets to that.

Note that all the dates are 9/1/YYYY (or Sep 1st, YYYY)

CHMSL: mandatory 9/1/1985 for cars; 9/1/1993 for light duty trucks (includes vans/suvs/trucks under 10000lb GVWR and 80" wide) IAW FMVSS 108.

Passive Restraints (either automatic seat belts or airbags): phase in 1986 passenger cars, 1994 light duty (8500lbs GVWR or less) trucks. Mandatory for 1989 cars, 1997 light duty trucks IAW FMVSS 208.

Airbags: phase in 9/1/1996 cars, 1997 light duty trucks. Mandatory 1997 cars, 1998 light duty trucks IAW FMVSS 208.

BTW (IIRC): dual airbags, first on 1974-1976 full size GM cars (like the Caddys). Explorer first SUV with standard CHMSL...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
IF you guys are having trouble with the 3rd brake light, get one for the European mk2 Mondeo, which has the brake light mounted up high in the center of the rear window, just attached to the roof. That way you can keep your spoiler and 3rd brake light.

Oh and if that trunk would fit the mondeo mk1, I would have bought one right away.

1996 Mondeo 24v 4-door twin janspeed stainless pipe cat by-pass Phase 2 RS bodykit 16" cosworth alloys K&N RU3530 SVT TB/UIM/LIM poly bushings konis/bat springs/bar Pioneer MSDS Indiglos P&P heads 2005 Mondeo Zetec Tdci
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
I agree with the majority of the consumers on here in saying that it needs a redesign. As a fabricator myself, I would never buy anything that completely disagrees so much with the factory body lines.

Subtlety and flow are an easily violated rule in visual art. Now you the picture of the M3 is constantly being reposted, but this prototype is a near miss.

What makes the trunk lid on the BMW so visually appealing is that the gradual sloping ducktail gracefully peaks slightly higher than the height of the rest of the trunk. It doesn't look like a 2ft. tall, abrupt launch ramp.

Also, from the rear view, it matches the slope of the rear fenders and taillights. Where as your prototype creates an entirely new arch.

Whoever is producing this is a business trying to design a product for mass appeal. So far the attitude has been, screw the customer, it looks better in person. Why the reluctance to make changes and make the trunk more subtle? There would be MANY more interested buyers, including myself.

Another product added to the aftermarket car industry that looks tacked on as a design after-thought. Bravo.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by theTK:

What makes the trunk lid on the BMW so visually appealing is that the gradual sloping ducktail gracefully peaks slightly higher than the height of the rest of the trunk. It doesn't look like a 2ft. tall, abrupt launch ramp.

4 3 2 1 :::::::::::::::> houstin we have a problem.....

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I agree with the majority of the consumers on here in saying that it needs a redesign. As a fabricator myself, I would never buy anything that completely disagrees so much with the factory body lines.

Subtlety and flow are an easily violated rule in visual art. Now you the picture of the M3 is constantly being reposted, but this prototype is a near miss.

Also, from the rear view, it matches the slope of the rear fenders and taillights. Where as your prototype creates an entirely new arch.

Whoever is producing this is a business trying to design a product for mass appeal. So far the attitude has been, screw the customer, it looks better in person. Why the reluctance to make changes and make the trunk more subtle? There would be MANY more interested buyers, including myself.

AMEN brotha. couldn't agree w/ you more myself....since I've been saying the same thing all along

Another product added to the aftermarket car industry that looks tacked on as a design after-thought. Bravo.

CF1 will inevitably learn the hardway.

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I have to say that I am torn on this trunk thing. I would not add a part just because it is available or because it is CF, and I do agree that the tail would be so much more appealing with some of the small changes that have been suggested on this board.

I just can't imagine why CF1 would have this attitude. I spoke with Dion at the FFF show and he indicate that CF1s attitude is, a bunch of people trashed the cowl hood and we sold a bunch of those so screw it. If they only made ONE change to the trunk (the duckbill) the appeal would grow by leaps and bounds.

At the same time this will likey be the only CF trunk ever produced for our cars.

'00 CSVT Koni/B&G (New), SCA intake, 18 inch Falken Circuit Spec (gunmetal), CF hood, Headlights by Dan, Mirko, deleted front license plate/painted chrome ring. Headers/y pipe installed - TruBendz Borla system no Res and optimized TB. Getting there!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

"At the same time this will likey be the only CF trunk ever produced for our cars."

I am going to work on this. If they are going to be stubburn then i will get someone else to do it.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Aspire:
CF1s attitude is, a bunch of people trashed the cowl hood and we sold a bunch of those so screw it. If they only made ONE change to the trunk (the duckbill) the appeal would grow by leaps and bounds.

The company sounds very arrogant. Id be damned if I'd buy their trunk on my dime. The duckbill is not the only problem either. Fitment issues that have been discussed here as well as the rear reflector not lineing up w/ the right tail light etc. The entire process from design to fab has been done half-assed to say the least.

Originally posted by Aspire:
At the same time this will likey be the only CF trunk ever produced for our cars.

Id rather have no CF trunk than some half-assed, ill fitting, terrible design, chevy cavalier hood tacked onto my SVT.

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
do you really need a 3rd brake light. i unplugged mine and vinyl'd the red reflector over black

Uhm...Ya it's the law

Isn't in NYS- only need 2 working, just like you only need one working back up light... but think of the 3rd light as backup incase one goes out.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard