Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Cris'pus:

I like it. But it is only close to the CSL. That spoiler actually forms to the body curves. In an attempt to get that big wing, they didn't take into account the contour (or lack there of perhaps)

thats exactly the BMW i was referring to. that molded trunk/wing on the BMW is beautiful. Thats how this trunk should have came out.

Originally posted by Path914:

MUCH smaller and leaned back more would look great IMHO, but as is, I don't like it at all.

Exactly what I stated above. If you can find a pic of the M3 from a side shot you will see it leans back slightly. Also notice how clean the M3 trunk looks w/out a big a$$ reflector going across it (HINT HINT CF1). Like I've said and many others have, a few inches here a few there and it WOULD HAVE been a nice trunk...WOULD HAVE

Justin 98.5 CSVT # 4887 of 6535 (born 2/28/98)
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
do you really need a 3rd brake light. i unplugged mine and vinyl'd the red reflector over black

That's pretty stupid, must be nice for the people that drive behind you.

And yes it is a law in the U.S.A., mandatory CHMSL:

This is all the same for cars.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

Did anybody else notice that the right side of the trunk is higher than the left? Look at the bottom of the reflector and how it lines up with the bottom of the taillight. The left side is fine, but the right is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch off. The same said about how the spoiler lines up with the body

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Its still a prototype, something like that is hard to get perfect the first time around. The design is what it is. Photoshop all you want, nothing is going to change. Oh the GB info was already posted at the begining of this thread, for who ever was looking for price and order info.

Car is lookin good Dion .

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Can anybody help me out, how does CF look on a black car?

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by amarv12:

If they can't see the lights on either side of the damn car they shouldn't be driving. You can't tell me you've never broken a traffic law, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I took out my 3rd brake light about 3 years ago.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by RyeLou:

If they can't see the lights on either side of the damn car they shouldn't be driving.

But you know as well as I that people like that do, and will continue to drive.

For some people, especially at a distance, they can only see the stop lamps on the sides when they transition from dim to bright....if they're bright when you first see them, you may not be able to tell if it is indeed the stop lamps. This is where the third lamp provides a clear and obvious distinction.

Also think about the number of cars equipped with rear foglamps (and consequently, the number of people that drive around all the time with the rear fogs on)....it's becoming harder to distinguish nowadays when the side lamps are actually lit up in the stop mode...or if they're just bright.

...Seems like majority of the X-Types I see driving around have the rear fogs on....very annoying.

Originally posted by RyeLou:

You can't tell me you've never broken a traffic law, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I took out my 3rd brake light about 3 years ago.

The "breaking a traffic law" analogy isn't really the point. It's not about breaking a law, many actions can "break the law," but it doesn't mean that the magnitude of these actions is the same. You may not have had any problems, but a minuscule number of cars out of the whole population is isn't really justification.

Last edited by amarv12; 04/22/05 05:51 AM.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

Also think about the number of cars equipped with rear foglamps (and consequently, the number of people that drive around all the time with the rear fogs on)....it's becoming harder to distinguish nowadays when the side lamps are actually lit up in the stop mode...or if they're just bright.

at the risk of hijacking this thread and offending someone i'm gonna have to call bs on this statement right here. reason being, i am color blind and i have no problem what so ever determining whether the side lights are just perimeter lights or brake lights when a vehicle has no third brake light and regardless of whether said vehicle has rear foglights or not.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
do you really need a 3rd brake light. i unplugged mine and vinyl'd the red reflector over black

And yes it is a law in the U.S.A., mandatory CHMSL:

This is all the same for cars.

ok first off its not illegal, i check with my bro-in-law first before doing anything like that (yeah he is a cop) and as long as your brake lights work no other lights are required, what about cars without 3rd brake lights, do they have to go buy one and wire it up,,,,,NO they dont.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
ok first off its not illegal, i check with my bro-in-law first before doing anything like that (yeah he is a cop) and as long as your brake lights work no other lights are required, what about cars without 3rd brake lights, do they have to go buy one and wire it up,,,,,NO they dont.

All vehicles manufactured since God knows when have to have a third brake light. The only vehicles exempt from the law are those manufactured prior to the law being passed. At least that's the way it is in Canada, I thought the USA as well .

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard