Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I think its safe to say that no one design would appease the masses. Pre98/post98, with spoiler/without, ugly/pretty, there's always going to be people that hate stuff and people that love stuff. I, for one, think that the nascar wing kicks butt, but I can totally see how it might turn a lot of people off. Differn't Strokes.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
maybe they'll make all sortsa typesa trunksa

we have three different hoods, why not three different trunks?

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by muntus:
I think its safe to say that no one design would appease the masses. Pre98/post98, with spoiler/without, ugly/pretty, there's always going to be people that hate stuff and people that love stuff. I, for one, think that the nascar wing kicks butt, but I can totally see how it might turn a lot of people off. Differn't Strokes.

Just like your pointing out of what you like, i like the pre98 trunks with the small lip!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by muntus:
I think its safe to say that no one design would appease the masses. Pre98/post98, with spoiler/without, ugly/pretty, there's always going to be people that hate stuff and people that love stuff.

I think maybe they should have picked the design that would appease the masses then. They should have done some more research, especially with the largest demographic of Contour owners, the CEG. Sure you'll never please everybody but if I were making a product i would at least want to please the majority, which is pretty evident in this thread that that is not the case.

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
........i absolutley hate nascar with a passion,and if i decided not to get it,it would be b/c of the nascar wing.......who am i kidding i'm still gonna get one

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
i'm gonna go with my cowl hood reservations, i'll wait to see the production piece but so far... eh.......

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
well that interest sank like a rock.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

Ummmm, aren't we still waiting on a finished product? Kind of hard to get interest on a hunk of bondo on a trunk lid.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

Ummmm, aren't we still waiting on a finished product? Kind of hard to get interest on a hunk of bondo on a trunk lid.

Mark

Yes, we're waiting. The trunk will be made, regardless of interest (or lack thereof). Carbon Fiber One should have an example to show sometime late next week, if all goes according to plan.

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
imo it shoulda been an add your own wing kinda deal, just an oem replica.

but, all is not lost, and i'll reserve my official opinion until i see one on a car

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard